2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gee, don't know why you struggle with minorities. Someone must be cheating.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I struggle with minorities? News to me. I don't know what the second part means.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Struggle to get votes from minorities. The only conclusion possible is that the Dems must be cheating/buying votes.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's news that people vote primarily because of self interest?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't get it. You're sitting here mocking the notion that Hispanics could even have legitimate gripes. Mocking it. The group has been characterized in this thread as all being freeloaders and invaders. There is a term that describes making prejudiced generalizations about a whole race of people.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sanders has become the first (openly) non-Christian to win a state primary.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's prejudiced to say that illegal immigrants are invaders? Isn't that kind of the definition of an illegal immigrant? And a whole race? I think it's pretty racist to imply all Hispanics came here illegally.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Last I checked, we were talking about Hispanic voters.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No. They're sympathetic to those with similar "plight" or to their countrymen. I assume you aren't trying to pretend that this wasn't started with LBJ and continued with every minority's group projected to matter to voting.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Learn the lingo. You are obviously a fascist, or has the conversation gotten to that point yet?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't be obtuse. We were speaking of voters, and freely began throwing out blanket statements. Now he's trying to pretend like he wasn't talking about voters. This isn't a lingo thing or a conversation game, this is him pretending like Hispanic people are all illegals.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

CNN made the point that all Hillary says is "I, I, I, I, ..." and Sanders says "We, We, We, We, ...". That says all you need to know about both Candidates.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Right. People here legally and therefore not illegal immigrants so therefore not people being attacked by anti illegal immigrant rhetoric.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean like pretending that being anti illegal immigration means you are anti Hispanic? Or being anti welfare means you are anti black? This is the same sort of ridiculousness that democrats have been stating for years and stupid people eat up and don't realize they are being condescended to

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Christie cancelled all events in SC. Too bad it was after the scorched earth crap he's been pulling with Rubio.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I get sick of her using the word fight twice per sentence.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, you just did the thing that gets you called anti-Hispanic in this very thread. You went on and on about illegals when discussing Hispanic votes. You said you could "use a laugh" when asking what legitimate gripes Hispanic voters could have. What is one to make of that? That you're "anti-illegal?"

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You are confusing a perceived gripe with a legitimate one. And anyone that is taking that as a gripe isn't going to change their vote because of vocabulary. The only thing that will change their vote is you being pro illegal immigration.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Kennedy.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hate to break it to you but the Catholic Church founded Christianity.