2016 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do think Tenny is right about this being her high water mark. I'm not writing her off but I think it's going to get incredibly ugly and she'll have to have Bubba carry her across the finish line.

I don't see Warren and Sanders doing it.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Or none of these, as I'm ultimately responsible to my conscience.

Good grief. They bring dead bloated cows to necropsy over here less full of crap than this.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If she can't reconcile with most of the Bernie supporters, then, yes, she may have hit her high point. I didn't think the e-mail stuff and Congress would do much damage because most didn't care or saw it as a long term effort to "get her" by the Republicans. But, conspiring with the DNC to sabotage a campaign, even if it's just a perception, of a like minded candidate whose supporters you need to win in the general election? That's a serious problem, borderline suicidal.

I wouldn't be so sure to write her off, though. She's a solid debater, should get a bounce from the convention and Trump will probably say something stupid again, perhaps multiple times. I still think this thing fluctuates, but there's no avalanche in either direction without some serious event to affect it (Which the Wikileaks thing has the potential of doing.). She's also probably lucky the Republican Convention was a hot damn mess because it could be worse.

4. Unimane

Video of Wasserman Schultz at the Florida Delegates Meeting this morning. (NSFW)

[video=youtube;oJsOK9Tc60M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsOK9Tc60M[/video]

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see some of the anti-Jew stuff in emails playing well in Florida

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I agree

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

She isn't even in the same hemisphere of hotness that Cersei is. But the sentiment is a good one.

Let's see if some of this shame is saved for the person that benefited the most from these actions.

8. Unimane

Weren't they trying to say that he wasn't Jewish, but an atheist?

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wonder if Bernie donors have a case to sue DNC for defrauding them of their donations by fostering an unfair primary environment?

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Believe so, or at least to WV voters.

11. fl0at_

12. Unimane

Apparently, the crowd this morning serenaded her with a chorus of "Shame!". Why let her do anything this week is beyond me. She should show up to perform a mea culpa and deliver an apology, then say she is resigning to avoid distractions. Having her fulfill duties just means there can be more scenes of chaos and anger directed towards her.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Hillary Clinton issued the following statement:

“I want to thank my longtime friend Debbie Wasserman Schultz for her leadership of the Democratic National Committee over the past five years. I am grateful to Debbie for getting the Democratic Party to this year’s historic convention in Philadelphia, and I know that this week’s events will be a success thanks to her hard work and leadership. There’s simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie–which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states. I look forward to campaigning with Debbie in Florida and helping her in her re-election bid–because as President, I will need fighters like Debbie in Congress who are ready on day one to get to work for the American people.”
    \

Honorary Chair and Surrogate?!? Not good optics for Bernie supporters.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/brie...nal-committee-chair-debbie-wasserman-schultz/

14. Unimane

Unbelievably stupid. I can't believe someone who is reasonably astute politically, like Hillary, would do this, particularly the day she resigns from the DNC in disgrace. Maybe she is working with the Russians to get Trump elected.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

She doesn't give a shit. She's so out touch it's funny and the perfect example of a top man and the problem with large centralized government

16. fl0at_

She's not even trying to hide her "corruption" at this point.

17. Unimane

By the way, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think the Russians are releasing these emails to undermine the Clinton campaign and help elect Trump. They certainly would love a Trump presidency.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah they've already seen the **** up that Clinton has done in the Middle East. I'd say they are hoping for better

19. Unimane

I think it's more to do with getting more of a free hand in Eastern Europe, based upon Trump's comments on NATO and isolationist tendencies.

20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm tempted to add political operative to my list of "there's no way I would be as shitty as they are" jobs.