2017 early forecast...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 30, 2016.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not sure how much that means. The east "championship" was gone .

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I guess you could roll back to the SC game in that case. Both were still viable options at that point

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or 11 playing hard at the same time.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

His motivation skills are really good. It's just no one's motivation skills are good enough to overcome the bad that comes from his other, remarkably poor coaching skills.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You believe that? After two of his most talented guys left and he keeps playing guy's that can't play in front of others who can?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He motivated those two guys to take their talents to the NFL. Process.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

My point was a prediction based on the worst that could happen. Achieving a season good enough for an extension is the worst. And, I also think he hates the pressure so much, his desire may be to win out of spite and leave. You'll never see me predict his success based on his stellar coaching mind. I Was being a negavol.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Possible Ray of Hope Scenario:

Berch poops the bed and goes 5-7.... The stands have been half empty since mid October.... The money tree is wilting and the hand wringing has begun among the Powers That Be in the UTAD. Chip Kelly has taken the year off to regroup, and once Berch gets canned, Kelly decides the time is right to get back into coaching... Our AD (hopefully Blackburn, but whoever it may be) decides that losing is not going to happen any more and finally, FINALLY the University gets on board....

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure lack of motivating is behind the former, at least.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The thing most folks don't realize is that all his bullshit cliches and catch phrases are quickly being exposed as the hollow rantings of an insecure terrible coach that will say/do almost anything to stave off the inevitable. Motivational words are great, if you can back them up. The only things that spew from Butch's mouth are checks that his ass can't cash.

He's a phony, period. He's a fake as a coach, as a human being and as a "motivator".

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Apparently being a fraud pays well at the University of Tennessee.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They enter each season hot and motivated and exit cool to cold after a couple of real teams hand them their ass. I count his teams playing hard early on in spite of his wacky personnel moves as proof that he's a good motivator. After a period of promises coming up empty and the cliches being laid on thick with a lack of any public ownership on his part, the schtick wears thin.

Even with that, no matter how you look at it, he sucks.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

"Not quitting" should be a bare minimum. I can't give much praise for this.

Besides, I think the fight is as much a reflection of locker room leadership as it is the head coach.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'm not praising him for anything. Just making a simple point that the team quitting and having a lack of motivation has nothing to do with why we are where we are. He sux at coaching. Bottom line.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Fo shizzle, my nizzle....

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Was told today that Charles Mosley really wants out, preferably released to go to Memphis. Its primarily to do with Butch, although I didn't get specifics.

Source is legit. Will share source with any of the board regulars that want to know legitimacy of information.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Word out of Memphis or Knoxville?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll take you at your word.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I live in the Memphis area. I got the information from here but not from anyone affiliated or tied to either school.