2017 early forecast...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 30, 2016.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Why in the world would anyone doubt that any player wanted to transfer away from Butch? I believe.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Let's see....

1. Move back home

2. Be closer to family and friends

3. Actually get playing time

4. Above all else, Remove yourself from Botch

Sounds like a no brainer to me

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"We have had so many injuries and defections. There's no way we can be held accountable for not winning more games. In fact, coaches from all across the nation are constantly calling asking how we won as many games as we have. They said it should have been impossible. I can't even hold a full practice without getting 6 or 7 calls. And again, the callers, to a man, are saying they are envious of the job we are doing in pulling off the impossible winning so many games with the unprecedented number of injuries and defections we've faced. They say no one should be judged negatively because of just so many darned injuries. But we don't make excuses. It would be easy given the amount of injury adversity we've faced. We won't use the unprecedented amount of injuries as a.... I mean the number of injuries we had are the worst in the history of college football. But no excuses. It would be really easy to point to the gianormous number of injuries. We don't do that. We have a next man up mentality when our team more resembles a MASH unit than a functional football team. As caretaker of the Tennessee Football Program, I can't let the injuries that are insurmountable to God himself become an excuse."

-Butch Jones at any given moment

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Butch Jones, you have a vagina where a man normally has his genitalia.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not sure anyone would notice if he left.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Donald Trump would give up his tax returns before Butch shows a phone record of all these coaches calling him.

7. JayVols

Phone company is doing an audit.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wonder if he really sucked at DT or what the deal was. We definitely could have used a guy with his size there this past season.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Didn't he have a really bad broken leg or something from a car accident or an I thinking of someone else?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was him. But he's still at OL, as far as I know. Seems like he'd be more use on the other side.

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Vandy is a must win. What a time to be alive.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe you. I think it's probably in his best interest to transfer and actually get some good coaching.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ouch. Whole team should depart then.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Would not blame them.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think that will result in the outcome you are looking for

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least as a Cal fan, you can honestly say "Well, we have always sucked, so if the Administration doesn't give a ****, at least there is a basis for it." There is comfort in that discomfort.

UT right now is like the Yankees under the ownership of CBS back in the 60's/early 70's.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Trust me. It doesn't feel any better.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have to know that this isn't true. It would feel bad to have leaders who don't care about success no matter what.

19. JayVols

I've grown accustomed to disappointment. No worries.

20. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I would put us as having about a 30% chance of beating Tech right now.
    I am leaning towards the idea that the program will implode this year. Might reach that 8 or 9 loss season.
    As much as I think it was silly, there at least was some degree of "energy" in the program. That came from having a new coach and then I think from some of the players. But that is gone now. And all you are left with is mid-tier talent with a low tier staff.