2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No. Nick Saban could claim the only way to guarantee a bammer championship would be changing the state flag to the pride flag, and there would be a march on Montgomery led by a transvestite complete with a gay orgy along Union St spilling onto the lawn of the First White House of the Confederacy organized using little bear's catfish money. They'd circle the wagons in other words.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Convincing people that [uck fay]ing your sister should be considered woke is a tall task.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The bammers are shitting their pants more than they will admit.

I love it.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  4. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

George McIntyre ours now?

yont sum iss? likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Late Christmas present for all non bammer college football fans

VOLinDAWGland and Poppa T like this.
  6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He was headed to Tennessee before saban retired.

SetVol13, zehr27 and OneForVol like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This maybe should be asked in the portal thread instead, but: how many spots do we have left? Who are the big pieces still out there?

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I think we have negative or 0 spots right now after the scholarship reduction. So more processing to come.

We are expecting to get Lance Heard this week and are looking at a Samoan DT from Stanford, Jackson Moi. It looks like we are still looking into another WR/DBs. And probably an OG but none of those out there at the moment.

https://www.on3.com/db/jaxson-moi-58365/

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks. My understanding is that we have 10 more scholarship reductions left over the next 5 years so I guess they have room to play with that, though I think you'd want to clear them at least 2 a year.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So 63 returning, plus whatever we have gotten so far from recruits and the balance of the portal moves.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

21 signed, 6 transferring in.

I am trying to figure how many went out, that doesn't seem to be laid out by the sites.

Mincey, Walker, McDonald, Rucker, Slaughter, Baron, Meadows, Nichols, Turnage, Luttrell, Burrell, and Clipper. 12?

If all that is accurate: 63 + 21 + 6 - 12 = 78? So that would be up 7 more spots, but probably 5 or less if you want to eat up the 10 scholarship penalty we are carrying.

EDIT:
    wait, there may be some double subtractions on the 12 that were not included in the 63 count. Still not sure.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I say take what we want and tell the AA to pound sand if they don't like it.

VOLinDAWGland, zehr27 and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Push the 10 out 5 yrs, NCAA probably won't exist or exist in the same capacity.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is probably what Saban would do. And whether or not the NCAA still existed, he would expect them to forget about it. And they would.

warhammer likes this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

Really not that big of a gamble. Chances of the college football being completely different in 5 yrs is very high. We shouldn't be patsies.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I agree. It is a strategy worth considering.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, eat 2 a year at least. If an opportunity comes up to eat more than that, cool.

20. VOLinDAWGland

Yea if I was in charge that's the way I'd play it. 2 a yr is a rounding error. It's just bureaucratic idiocy.