A Question of Race: Rachel Dolezal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 12, 2015.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Bazinga

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The issue isn't what they identify as, but that the government treats different classes of people differently. They should be free to identify and try to associate with anyone they one, but there shouldn't be any perks with being in any of those classes.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, no Affirmative Action? Equal opportunity laws? Age-discrimination? ADA?

Should gays be given their own and unique protections, strictly related to sexual orientation?

What about the right of counsel for the indigent?

Should schools of low-income students be given special aide, while others are not?

Should some classes, groups or persons be subject to all law, all of the time, while others are not? For a completely random example: when Chinese citizens are found to be stowed away on ships heading to the U.S., should they be deported?

Your position is interesting, in theory, and I'd just like to learn more about its practical application.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Those programs all start with good intentions and with a need at first and then quickly evolve into special interest programs that generally do more harm than good. Hell look how title IX has evolved. It started out as to ensure equal opportunity for female athletes, and now has set up kangaroo courts in college getting into the sexual assault and rape. That should be left to law enforcement and real criminal court, not some college administrator trying to enact social justice.

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

And there's the resignation. That's close enough.

6. Tenacious D

So, no?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wow this woman is a nut:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/13/us/washington-rachel-dolezal-adopted-brother/index.html

"She told me not to blow her cover about the fact that she had this secret life or alternate identity," Ezra Dolezal said Saturday. "She told me not to tell anybody about Montana or her family over there. She said she was starting a new life ... and this one person over there was actually going to be her black father."

"When she applied they thought she was a black student," he said. "When she came there, they saw she was white and she wasn't treated that well, especially by people that worked there. She probably started developing this kind of dislike for being white and dislike for white people. She used to tell Izaiah ... that all white people are racists. She might have developed some self-hatred."

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

cowardly. she cancelled a meeting and then resigns so she didn't have to face the music.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Justice!

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe everyone should be treated exactly the same no matter what by the federal government.

11. Tenacious D

That's a conclusion.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One that will never happen. There's no power or money in that view.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is getting worse and worse:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tamerragrif...-student-she-did-not-look-hispanic#.umkpowpqP

The student said that the incident occurred within the first three weeks of an introductory course on race and culture. Dolezal introduced an activity she called “Fishbowl,” in which one student sat in front of the class as others were invited to ask them questions about their racial and cultural experiences.

“Rachel said I didn’t look Hispanic,” she said, and that her instructor “doubted that I could share experiences of racial or ethnic discrimination because I didn’t have the appearance of looking Hispanic.”

One day in February, Dolezal invited a man she claimed was her father to speak to her students, when the class was covering Black History Month and the civil rights movement.

The student recalled his presentation straying from the topic, which caused a bit of confusion when the class was then asked to write a summary on what he had said and came up short.

“She told us that we were wasting her time, and started crying,” the student recalled.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

she need a campaign manager?

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Uni, I can't recall...did you say you were married/seeing someone? :D

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

once again, she's insane:

Report: Rachel Dolezal Sued Howard University for Discrimination in 2002

Former Spokane NAACP president Rachel Dolezal sued Howard University in 2002 for allegedly discriminating against her because she’s white, according to court documents obtained by the Smoking Gun. Dolezal, who has claimed to be black for several years, said the school refused to hire her for teaching posts and denied her scholarships because of her race.

Dolezal, who went by Rachel Moore then, reportedly filed the suit against Howard and Professor Alfred Smith, the chairman of the university’s art department, in Washington DC’s Superior Court. From the Smoking Gun:

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was “motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over” her.

As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”
    The lawsuit was dismissed in February 2004, after Judge Zoe Bush found no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated against. Dolezal was ordered to reimburse the school for $2758.50 for a “Bill of Costs” and another $1000 for an “obstructive and vexatious” court filing.

Dolezal resigned her post as president of Spokane’s NAACP chapter earlier today, just four days after her parents told several publications that their daughter was white.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...l?ir=Black+Voices&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000051

she also apparently plagiarized her artwork:

[​IMG]

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm just glad we finally get to shake our heads st a liberal looney for a change.

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Hate crimes are COMPLETE bullshit.

19. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

i'm not trying to hijack the thread because this is somewhat related.

back when the reverand wright issue arose, it brought attention to "black liberation theology" as promoted by author and professor james cone. i recall a specific passage in one of his earlier works. paraphrasing: there will only be justice when the white man begins to hate his own whiteness and asks himself, from the depths of his being: how can i become black?

i wonder if she read it.

and, yes, she's crazier than a s***house rat.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

She got it for the lolo.