A Question of Race: Rachel Dolezal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 12, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Does make you wonder how many people have lied about their ethnicity over the years

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I thought about doing it for law school applications, but didn't have the nerve.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Why are people protesting this? Who wakes up and says "I'm going to go stand in the street and yell because a white woman lied and said she was black?"

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

People with no job and nothing to do.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Racist post IMO

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Trigger warning. Flagged for micro-aggression

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Maybe they are pissed this women trashed the narrative that it's oh so much easier in life to be a white person.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have missed this. Who is protesting, and why?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't know either. I just heard them interviewing a lady who was protesting this morning on the radio. And I couldn't really make out what she was protesting.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

12. Tenacious D

What's the crazy part in this comment? Doesn't she make a valid point?

13. Tenacious D

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

trolling? no she does not make a valid point. she is not black anymore than I am Mexican because I enjoy the food and culture.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it went from being bad culturally to having native American blood to being cool.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It is easier, but that doesn't mean that Dolezal isn't a complete moron. A few other morons may try to justify her position and support her, but that doesn't change the narrative about her idiotness.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Though I doubt even a wackjob from 30 years ago would have thought they'd get ahead in life by pretending to be black when they were white.

18. Unimane

In the NAACP? Probably not that far fetched for a black person to have a better shot at leadership in a black advocacy group than a white person.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is that not racist?

20. Unimane

Is it sexist that a woman would be more likely to be the head of NOW? The NAACP has existed for over 100 years with the purpose of advocating for a certain group of people. It's not surprising that someone from that group to represent the organization. To say that is racist is a bit of a stretch.