AJ named in sexual assault

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Supposedly another player will be named as well.

Im not gonna post the name until its confirmed.

2. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Agreed. I'm not going to vilify FSU and their (alleged) corrupt ways while defending AJ in the same breath. If he actually raped someone, he needs to be dealt with in the same fashion as a regular college student.

Lastly...this culture that immediately vilifies sexual assault victims, calling them everything from "stupid [itch bay]es" to whores or whatever else, is (one of) THE EXACT REASON why they don't press charges.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Barring something that just makes this egregiously bogus, you have to sit him, IMO.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Not good news.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he is guilty, he deserves everything thrown at him. But this stuff should not be divulged to the public to protect the accused as well.

6. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Well said. We are in complete agreement.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I still question whey these cases even happen. It's not as if there aren't plenty of thirsty girls willing to lay with football players.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Alcohol is probably the prime culprit. And perhaps the idea of 'forbidden fruit'. She says no, so you want it even more.

I don't know, to be honest, but I was not promiscuous either. It just causes so much pain across the board. And this also reinforces the old adage "Nothing good happens at 2am".

9. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I see it this way, but it does seem like 9/10 times you hear about this, allegations/charges are dropped before anything ever takes off. Which leans me to that assumption.

10. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

This.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Unless you play for Florida State

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's definitely out of character for AJ. I'm not sure what's going on

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's the reason why teams are taking a hard line now.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Except Florida State.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Not trying to be a smartass, but everyone saying it's out of character for him, do you actually know him?

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The charges being dropped doesn't mean it didn't happen. It happens waaaaay more often than it gets successfully prosecuted.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Heard about this earlier this morning, I sure hope its not true.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Trust me when I say you don't ever want to jump on a Johnson quickly. Slow is the best method.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Not making any judgements on this particular situation, but I just do not understand how celebrating can devolve into these instances of sexual assault. As has been mentioned I'm sure alcohol is a major contributor, but this is criminal behavior. I just don't understand how one even puts himself in a position for something like this to happen - especially with both real and fabricated accusations against athletes in recent history.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I would imagine there is not a simple answer to any situation like this.