AJ named in sexual assault

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 17, 2014.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Psssht... if alcohol was involved, then she can't even make a claim because feminists and some lawmakers (IIRC) have already decided that a woman is not even in a position to consent if she's had so much as, I dunno, a single drop of beer. So even if she didn't want to press charges, he can be charged with rape... because 'you can't have consensual sex with somebody who can't give consent, and a woman who's had a beer to drink can't give consent. Ergo, it's rape.'

2. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Sure there is.
    It's called "avoid women".... unfortunately, we all know that ain't the reality.

These guys are always risking their lives and careers by partying with these women....
    the cheap whores are the ones who make the claim and then try to get paid off early and easy by the university...
    the real whores are the ones who establish a relationship with a guy sure to make the NFL, and then after he does, you either marry him or blackmail him. .... which seems like an even easier thing for women to accomplish these days in light of the whole 'zero tolerance' and #It'sOnUs thing...

guys these days are just plain LUCKY that a woman doesn't have a post-coital change of mind and allege a rape occurred. Sheer, plain, LUCK.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is there evidence for this widespread false reporting phenomenon?

Sure, it happens, but I'll wager any sum you care to name that it happens a lot less than actual rapes that go unreported

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They should have their ovaries removed via court order.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I get it but sex/college is never going away. Especially with high profile athletes

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is the type of bullshit that keeps tons of women from reporting sexual assaults as they know, as soon as they report it, the burden of proof is on them to prove they aren't man-hating whores bent on destroying some football star or taking his money. Sure, there are some women who do fit this profile, but the pure hell attitudes like yours causes women discourages far more from reporting real crimes against them.

I haven't the faintest idea whether or not this is true, but I certainly know that my reflexive attitude isn't to think "some [itch bay]" is trying to destroy the All-SEC LB of my favorite football team.

7. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

applause

8. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Appreciated.

9. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

You have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

10. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Definitely another angle to view there.

11. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Lord I hope you never have a daughter

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I propose that it's the money surrounding major college athletics and their unhealthy influence over local PDs that functions as a chilling effect, not fan attitudes (outside of threats). JMO.

13. OrangeBlood79

Actually, I hope he does.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's just unfortunate that situations will continue to arise where star athletes are proven innocent after they've missed gamed or had their name drug through the mud. Not saying that's happening here, but I see that scenario being no less likely than AJ being guilty of something.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Women weaken legs!

16. OrangeBlood79

[​IMG]

17. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Just speculating here - but if she reported this almost immediately after it supposedly happened and went ahead and had a rape kit administered then, imo, that lends credence to her claims.

If that is true, it certainly doesn't prove a thing. But it just seems to lend a certain amount of credibility to the woman's story.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

To be fair though the burden of proof should be on accuser and prosecution, because the defendant should be assumed innocent till proven guilty.

The [itch bay], whore, thug, rapist is just titles we use in our on tilt on the issue, which should have no bearing on it in a legal matter. I think sexual assault is a serious issue, but I don't think its some growing pandemic that its being sold as on college campuses.

19. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Here's one example off hand of my not having a ****ing clue what I'm talking about:

http://share.cornell.edu/policies-laws/sex-alcohol-and-clear-consent/

20. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Of course, I'm not saying that no woman is ever raped on campus, or that every complaint is a false accusation...

It just seems there's a lot of people out there who want to kneejerk and lean towards the guy being guilty by allegation. This is why none of the info needs to come out, IMO, until somebody has been found guilty.

For those of you who wish a daughter upon me with the intent that she actually experiences this when she gets to college, let me return the favor by hoping that you manage to be falsely accused of rape some day yourselves.

I'm not defending these football players by any stretch... the whole scenario puts all parties involved in a bit of a catch-22.
    Overall, I agree with Volst53's thoughts: