Are Today's Parents Getting a Raw Deal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Apr 18, 2016.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How do you watch ball?

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I worked on a dairy farm starting in second grade and turned out amazing, btw.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I get asked that all the time.... That's why God created sports bars.... I have a built in reason to get out of the house for a while and my wife doesn't have to "endure" sports. Everybody wins!!

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pretty much the only reason I haven't done the same

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one will have cable television in 20 years. Maybe 10 years.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's included in my rent at school but I can see myself never picking it up once I leave. But I've always lived in places where it was included in rent so I don't know how much money that actually saves since cable/internet are often bundled.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it wasn't for cable/internet often being bundled, cable would already be dead. That is all that is keeping it around. Whoever makes a global wireless system first (many companies/projects are on this, independently) will make a killing.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Was wondering today how things would look in 10 years. I cut my cable about three months ago and went to Sling. How will it be different when that market is becoming the bigger one? I.e. How will the big tv networks sell themselves?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Every generation thinks it has it tougher and the new generation is too soft.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

As separate streaming services. That transition has already begun. CBS will be launching their own streaming service within the next year or two, NBC has Hulu, and many channels offer their shows streaming on their websites for free or with charge already.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shit's always tough to some degree, I don't know why we like to minimize it for others. See the "white privilege" discussion concerning asking older black folk.

12. NorrisAlan

That particular instance is a historical fact, though.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right, so nothing happening today matters at all, since schools are "desegregated" and it is illegal to discriminate based on skin color. That invalidates any problems today.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They'll have the government to limit market access and to put as many road blocks for competition as possible up. All in the name of the consumer though

15. NorrisAlan

Can you be more obtuse? I like you IP, but your argument methods could use a lot of work.

I said no such thing. But today's black has into where near as bad as blacks 50 years ago and that is a verifiable and historical fact. I said nothing about not still working against what is wrong.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you assume the cable providers will allow all content to be streaming. espn certainly has billions of carrier revenues that they aren't going to want to screw with.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure I could be more obtuse. In the context it was said, it was a dismissal of current issues. In this thread, you said something very apt and pertinent. I saw a connection. But I guess this generation is just soft, and it's a historical fact.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I've heard Playstation Vue is pretty good.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm thinking about switching to it

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm basically paying for cable solely for football at this point. I watch almost no first run tv.