Are Today's Parents Getting a Raw Deal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Apr 18, 2016.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This fall I am planning to experiment with doing without satellite and streaming football. If it works out well enough (and I don't know what that means exactly), I plan on letting the service go and upping my internet service.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Playstation vue sports/ESPN tier is ~$39 I think.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah but I believe it only has ESPN right? No NFL network, no ESPNu (I believe), no sec network, no PAC 12 network, no fox sports 1, etc. when you have a shit team that eliminates an awful lot of games

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How do you plan on streaming football? Seems like most online services have you verify your cable subscription first, which defeats the purpose.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trojan Privilege.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My brother in law who lives in Germany uses my dish slingbox login. That's really the only way to get everything

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet you'd miss at least 4 or 5 USC games a year too.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Which would be nice, but I think by the time I got solo internet service (unbundled will cost a bit more) plus sling box I really wouldn't be saving any money.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...laystation-vue-reduced-prices-start-at-39-99/
    These prices are lower now too. Core is $35, access is $30.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pro teams keeping the college man down. Just can't get ahead in this world.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're not, really. I've looked into it.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are you going to have access to Google Fiber here before long? It might work out better then.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well he pays nothing because he uses my login, but exactly.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's going to be awhile, but yes.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How many people can use your login? I see a business model here that involves you undercutting dish network.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

One. It works for us because I rarely use it and he uses it a lot when I'm asleep. I have a couple of friends who use their parents login that would never get used for the PAC 12 network and such. It's definetely a pain in the ass which is the primary reason I haven't done it.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hell I don't even think they've announced it in la yet. I'd probably get it instantly

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The installation is what is dragging on. I don't expect them to be done for awhile

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe it was Google installers that hit a Comcast line a few months ago and shut down from Atlanta to Bowling Green.