Are Today's Parents Getting a Raw Deal

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by RockyHill, Apr 18, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Google: "Oops. We're sorry. No, really. Sorry."

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sucks hitting fiber optic with an auger or boring machine. It pretty much twists it up into a ball.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't even think they've started installing here

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not entirely certain at this point. My only sure bet is to piggyback off a family member's subscription, but that's not what I'm shooting for long term.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a man who streams Vol football games (and streams other games before and after). I can point you in his direction, but you have to friend him on facebook to get the login info.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and nfl games too, but it can be a pain since they get shut down frequently. I figure i'd save something like $60 a month doing this (assuming I pay for the espn package). seems like a lot of effort personally for a relatively small gain. other issue is you generally don't have a dvr and with kids and such I regularly start games late. I also watch a shitlaod of college football. probably 4-5 games a day on sat's if I can.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm about to be living with my girlfriend, who insists on cable with HBO. I haven't had tv at all in years, so I'm looking forward to being able to watch all the college football I want again.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Time to start hiking if you're coming out this way.

9. NorrisAlan

Moving in with a woman and watching all the football you want?

Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha

10. OrangeEmpire

He has his priorities straight.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I beat into my wife early that all I asked for were 12 Saturdays out of the year and the rest were hers. not exactly true on either account, but it's important to set expectations.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I make concessions, and she knows she must as well. Especially when it comes to the Vols. It is known. I'll walk.

My other thing is that some of my star trek stuff is displayed.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

now that is real balls

14. OrangeEmpire

Ships??????????

15. OrangeEmpire

One of my prized possessions, an Excelsior NCC 1799 Die Cast I got at a Winn Dixie in the early 1980s.

[​IMG]

16. NorrisAlan

If it is a fathead of Picard, it has to go into the bedroom.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have no idea. I've got a very large Deep Space Nine and a borg cube. I also have a Playmates Enterprise D which is quite large. And many other smaller things.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been working off and on on an original enterprise and Reliant for awhile, but they're not done yet.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bout 15 bucks a month cheaper where I live. Not worth it really.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Trying to couple this with the girlfriend reference earlier. The cognitive dissonance is strong.