Are we so lucky?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Oct 27, 2014.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Early-buzz-on-Michigan-football-job-32399345

Assuming he leaves and our 2015 class doesn't fall apart... the right hire here would have a wealth of talent to work with and we could realistically expect to at least not be a complete shitshow from Day 1.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why would Michigan want him?

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

He will have a losing record at Tennessee and I doubt that Michigan will want to hire someone with a losing record. Would be a Kiffin-type scenario except probably even further down the list.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Makes no sense

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

People would have said that about Tennessee in 2009 also.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They underestimate the arrogance of UM.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And why would you want to give this AD another chance to hire?

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Apparently he's a dynamic offensive coach in someone's mind.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

agree, I'd be afraid we would end up with the next Dooley

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still think many in the outside world view Tennessee as something that's going in the right direction

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why would you fire Richrod to hire his dollar tree knockoff

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

hell if they won't go to Gruden, or RichRod, give it to Tubbs

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if they whiff on harbaugh and miles who's left? in particular with florida having first dibs. schiano? they might not have much of a choice, but to go dumpster diving.

14. KennyR

KennyR Member

Butch ain't going to leave. He's made some bad choices but he's doing better than what we've had the 4 -7 years prior. He has this program headed in a good direction. Don't know if we could do any better than him at this time. Coaches aren't exactly lined up waiting for a chance to coach here. The only way this scenario works out for us is if Gruden and/or Manning were hired with his departure. I expect Butch to still be on our sideline at Bristol and we'll either be a contender or his seat will be extremely hot.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This cannot be. I have been told repeatedly that this is Butchie's dream job and to trust his process. Nowhere in this process is he to abandon ship, therefore, not true.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'll be positive as hell if it will help push this forward.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ummm open the checkbook and you won't have any problems.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it's not that easy. there's a lot of checkbooks. See the most recent Tennessee and Texas coaching searches.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is it really that simple these days? Everyone is making a bajillion dollars, so it has to be more than that as to why we haven't gotten a better coach in the last 6 years. At least it would seem that way to me.

I imagine, and this is what it was with Gruden if the rumors are to be believed, that I think it is more of an admissions issue and power issue among the Administration vs a power HFC.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Here is where you lose me. UT fans have bought this bullshit to rationalize the shitty decision making being done on the Hill. It isn't true.