Barcelona Terror Attack.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Vice News is the best. I know it's liberal, but, damn, do they have great stuff, real news.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I pretty much get all news from wsj and npr now. Feel they get as close to coubterbalancing and reporting as it gets.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They advocated blowing up Mount Rushmore before realizing how ****ing dumb it sounded and deleted the tweet. Yeah, I'd say they are pretty liberal.

I do enjoy the HBO series however. And I enjoy when Shane Smith does the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They actually just changed the tweet from let's "blow up Mt Rushmore" to let's "get rid of Mt Rushmore."

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like Tucker Carlson. Pretty much all I watch news wise anymore.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Reuters, Statfor, and the BBC are good as well.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus, that's awful

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nothing wrong with Tucker, unless you aren't a fan of logic and reason.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

True

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Even idiots are fans of logic and reasoning. A more appropriate quip would've been, "Nothing wrong with Tucker unless you aren't a fan of poor logic and reason."

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I have to say, I prefer the BBC to just about anything we see over here.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Tucker Carlson isn't news. He's a slightly less abrasive and slight more intelligent version of Hannity.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Most people aren't. I like it.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He usually talks about current events and does a good job of bringing people on his show and challenging them. I like it. Imo

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't want to come of as condescending, but I can't just follow one talking head or I run the risk of ending up in my echo chamber. That said, you said he's all you watch, which is different from "it's all the news I get." I imagine you probably don't watch Tucker and then get all the rest of your national news from Breitbart and The Blaze.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

BBC, Economist, Atlantic, some National Review, WSJ, NPR, WaPo, NYT. I watch Chuck and Chris Wallace on Sundays, and yeah I watch CNN all week because I'll be damned if I am going to pay attention to Fox. Our cable TV choices are pretty much shit across the board these days except for Tap, Coop, and Shep

That's not to say I won't pull articles from elsewhere occasionally, but those are the primaries. I like to think I have a fair amount of balance for someone who is absolutely liberal as hell

17. CardinalVol

I like atlantic and economist if I happen to catch a link, but don't have them on my main list.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

CNN would do well to quit giving Corey Stewart a platform. He's ****ing awful

19. CardinalVol

I also 100% admit probably 75% of the reason I ever watched fox news was Laurie dhue doing news updates while in college.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I've been reading Andrew Sullivan on the Atlantic for a decade. He's fantastic, and a gay conservative.