Ben made the news

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Feb 19, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not going to spend time watching that thing. It was forever long. The guys had basic flight training and made turns in an airliner built to make turns. The premise is idiotic.

2. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

The premise is idiotic from the guy who won't watch the video. Nice. Had you watched the video you would have seen a pilot, with equal flying experience as the Pentagon hijacker, try multiple times to recreate the same path and fail with no success. You could have heard testimony from decorated pilots saying there is virtually no way a noob pilot could pull off such a stunt. You could have seen how the planes were operating at speeds well beyond their designed capacity. No reason to watch though, go back to sleep.

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

OE, we had plenty of friendly banter in the past and I enjoyed our back and forth. For whatever reason you decided to start attacking me personally, so I stopped responding. If you want to have a semi-respectful back and forth we can. I've heard of Icke and some of this message, no I don't think I'd be a follower of his.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

From a pilot commenting on the hijackers:

"In my opinion the official version of the fact is absolutely plausible, does not require exceptional circumstances, bending of any law of physics or superhuman capabilities. Like other (real pilots) have said, the manoeuvres required of the hijackers were within their (very limited) capabilities, they were performed without any degree of finesse and resulted in damage to the targets only after desperate overmanoeuvring of the planes. The hijackers took advantage of anything that might make their job easier, and decided not to rely on their low piloting skills. It is misleading to make people believe that the hijackers HAD to possess superior pilot skills to do what they did."

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Same reasoning used in a lot of conspiracy/denying attitudes: "If 99 people agree and 1 person disagrees, then the 99 people must be wrong, otherwise 100% of the people would agree."

Evolution, climate change, JFK, 9/11, Brittaney Spears' career.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I'd rather not

7. OrangeEmpire

You don't find David Icke interesting at all?

Is he too mainstream to be a truther?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep, that or "the government tries to manipulate and control the sheep, so the one guy must have the most valid opinion as he isn't a subject to state control"

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So one dude can't do it and that means 2 other guys can't do it too? Interesting logic.

10. NorrisAlan

If I had the resources, it would be an interesting study to try to take something innocuous, say like Seahawks pummeling the Broncos this year, and try to build up a conspiracy theory around it. I bet it could be done if you throw enough information in there, leave out certain parts, and make assumptions.

I imagine you can do it with anything.

Kind of like how it was shown using Moby [penis] that the bible code people were crack pots, that any sufficiently large book can be used to "predict the future".

11. OrangeEmpire

Lawmakers do a pretty good job of control without the help of elaborate false flag coups.

Unless, the lawmakers are slaves as well.

Dum dum dum

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is what I was waiting for: giving bpv a lesson on flying & telling him he doesn't understand.

Just watch the video bpv. You'll be an expert on aviation after that...

:popcorn:

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

edit- should have caught up.

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

What pilot? What were his credentials and how in depth has he looked into the matter? There are a few points I would disagree with and they are in the video I linked. 1) from hearing other pilots, flying at such a low altitude at such a high speed would actually require a high degree of finesse. 2) The video goes over how the pilots actually did not do things that would have made hitting their target easier and actually went out of their way to make it much more complicated. 3) Superior pilots are on record stating they would be hard pressed to pull off some of the maneuvers used, which would directly conflict with not needing to possess superior piloting skills.

15. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

So the decorated pilots in the video are lying, a part of an alternate conspiracy, don't know what they are talking about, etc?

16. NorrisAlan

#2 implies that, being superior pilots, they did things, on purpose, to make it 10x harder to pull off the maneuver, making it so that only superior pilots could have done it.

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I don't think anyone is saying that. However if a pilot who has had a few practice runs still can't pull off the maneuver, how did one pilot do it with no practice in a cockpit he was unfamiliar with in a highly stressful environment? Maybe it was one shot in a billion, but more than likely it was not.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And how exactly were the practice and the test executed? Trying to match a flight path in a simulation is not the same.

19. OrangeEmpire

Computer controlled?

Brainwashed pilots?

US recruited "terrorists"

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no practice? they have things called simulators. they had 5 months of advanced training. no they weren't fighter pilots, but they hardly were some slub of the street either.