Bowling Green instant reaction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 2, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hyatt needs to find the bench until he learns how to catch a ball.

Milton has zero touch to his balls, everything is flat. A lot of interceptions coming his way in league play.

Dline is about the only bright spot on D. As expected our secondary is going to give up some passing yards. Going to need D line to create problems in the passing game.

New kicker looks good so far, I'll take that.

We need to get Velus more involved.

Those holds on Carvin were bullshit, especially the first one.

Pitt will very likely beat our ass.

2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

It's about what was expected. I'd be okay with 6-6 after that though. Going to be rough in the SEC schedule.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's very much an average football team with Milton leading the offense, based on that game

TangoUniform likes this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Which is exactly why it’s hard to judge quality. I’d rather crush a bad run D than struggle against a bad run D, but you can’t really draw conclusions from it.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We are [uck fay]ed

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Me too, Josh. Me too.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Milton
    He's married to a QB that isn't good and this team will suffer for it. As fired up as his team played tonight, that attitude will deteriorate if he gives them JG part II.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If you have a passing game that can't utilize the middle of the field, you aren't winning anything in this league. Heupel seems like he's gonna stick with Milton come hell or high water

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I like it. He doesn't need to watch film for a summary. Knows milton missed some reads. Say he missed reads and throws and move on.

IP and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn’t think our o-line bulldozed them when they were fresh. Evans is going to be fairly electric if he can get some blocks though

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They had guys finishing blocks. It was world's better than the crap we saw under Friend.

Memtownvol and GahLee like this.
  12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

What exactly is Harrison Bailey’s fatal flaw? Seems he should be better than Milton.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He doesn't look like Milton.

thagodfather and Memtownvol like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wonderlic score in a couple years may show an issue.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Not being a physical specimen. Coaches fall for that more often than not. They always think they can coach a physical freak up. Right until they start losing you games

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Why is everyone so stuck on Bailey? He didn't start for the last staff and he's obviously third string with this one.

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Shit at this rate he’ll be lucky to ever have a chance at taking it

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton....meh, he played bad and Hyatt's drops killed him. We'll see if he gets better but odds are he is what he is

Evans and Small are a pretty good RB duo

Baron is going to be pretty good

Play like shit at times and win by 32 isn't the worst thing that could have happened but there's a lot that needs to improve

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Tarzan can’t do it. Put in Jane.

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He started what, 4 or 5 games last year? He played fairly well considering the circumstances

HCKevinSteele likes this.