Bowling Green instant reaction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 2, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Bowling Green was so horrific. I don't think we are fully appreciating how bad they truly are. Pitt is going to be an absolute war based on what we saw tonight.

TDVol1989, 10SEvols and A-Smith like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton stands flat footed, holds the ball forever and then either tucks it too late or fires a laser beam at a guy 20 yards away that's covered. It's exactly what he did at Michigan

TDVol1989, 10SEvols and A-Smith like this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

As a person who has basically not watched the past couple years it’s that he had a lot of hype coming in and I don’t know what it is holding him back. But maybe Smif is right and he’s just dumb.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

you have to see and hit on time those routes releasing in the middle of the [uck fay]ing field. otherwise there is no point in trying to pass at all. receivers were literally jumping up and down and waiving

10SEvols likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Milton had exceptional pass protection tonight. Dude had cleaner pockets than a 3rd grader playing two hand touch football in a school yard during recess. Yet he still played like he did. Everything could look really ugly when we play an actual SEC defense.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bowling Green is terrible but I've watched Tennessee win by 4 against UMASS and get taken to overtime by Appy State under Butch. I'm not taking a blowout win against a shitty team for granted

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

There's no way he could be less accurate with throws greater than 10 yards down field than Milton was tonight. Milton had no touch

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don’t like Bailey’s arm at all. But if Joe isn’t going to put some air under his passes you might as well go with him or Hooker.

9. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Lol

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a QB stand like a statue in the pocket flat footed

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano did

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it looked like he was playing backyard football and only wanted guys to go deep. terrible

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Maybe he never had that much time, because I don’t remember seeing it

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Fair assessment. Just think it's sad overall that this performance is considered an improvement. Bowling Green was one of the worst teams we've played in the last ten years.

10SEvols likes this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The way coaches often don't realize some people are just gamers and others are just practice warriors is mind blowing to me.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  16. HCKevinSteele

Yep. And I’m not overreacting, could have been nervous or just an off night. But if that was a reasonable approximation of what can be expected from Milton, and he’s truly the best they got, it’s gonna be a real long season.

Memtownvol, TDVol1989 and 10SEvols like this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Based on what I remember seeing at Michigan, I think Milton is what he is. No more or less

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought you were pilotFlyingJ. I’m confused now.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

dox yourself

20. HCKevinSteele

Why?