Brussels terror attack

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Savage Orange, Mar 22, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Not Good optics. You know it is bad when Chris Mathews criticizes him.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

If nothing else the man is consistent in his actions.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be honest, I assumed they were some sort of Christian. I have no idea.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not a good image for Obama. He's got 8 more months, can't clock out early.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Respectfully, when did he clock in on this term?

His penchant for traveling vacations and tourism makes Anthony Bourdain seem like a shut-in, by comparison. His notable absence from the People's business has been so prevalent as to allow Marco Rubio to raise both sincere and legitimate questions about his repeated absence.

Look, the man can't control where he is when shit goes down. But damn, can you be caught in the Oval Office, at your desk and suited up at least 1/2 the time? Way to live the racist stereotype, Barack.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish he had some passion about something, but doesn't seem to anymore. The word is that he wants to defeat ISIS before the end of his term. I don't see that happening without some sort of tactical shift or escalation.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Low blow cheap shot on the last line and I can't believe you really said that shit. Obama has taken far fewer vacation days than Bush or Reagan did and the nature of the job allows him to operate from places other than the Oval Office. He's also not in Cuba on vacation. It's a rather important event.

But, it's not a shock that the Republican nominees and others will take their hacks at Obama, they're running a political campaign against his party and, honestly, taking swipes at Obama for political gain has been the norm.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think that is a safe assumption. I was just messing with you.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Clock out?

10. Unimane

I don't think he needs to rush back to Washington every time some terrorist attack in the world occurs, giving the terrorists some kind of Pavlovian response power over the president of the United States. I would also argue that normalizing relations with Cuba is quite a big deal, in lieu of the relations over the last nearly 60 years with the country, and an historically significant moment. So, I would disagree that he's checked out as it seems he's looking for some kind legacy.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What is Chris Mathews (Obama gives me a tingle down my leg) agenda?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's played 7 times as many rounds of golf as bush did. something bush was roundly criticized for.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A major American Corporation is targeted. Americans are injured, missing, and possibly dead. There are a lot of options between flying back to Washington or doing the wave at a baseball game. Any of them would have been more appropriate.

This is the guy who thinks that playing a round of golf is an appropriate response to an American beheading

14. Unimane

I coudn't have given a shit that Bush played golf or not and I don't care about Obama doing it, either. Many presidents have played golf, more often than Obama.

Obama didn't age 25 years during his term by going on vacation and playing golf all the time and I don't expect a president to be shacked up in the White House 24 hours a day, nor take vacation time from one of the most stressful jobs in the world. Because, in reality, the president isn't really away from his job at any point.

15. Unimane

I'll give you that the wave isn't the best image to project. Overall, though, I'm not bothered by his response in the least.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I only have an issue with it because it costs the American taxpayers tens millions a year.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

18. Unimane

To play golf?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and to go to Hawaii or "date night" in nyc. and to fly to LA, shut down the entire airport and city, to raise money.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

TIL: Racist people don't purport (much less with persistent regularity) black people to be less-than-enthusiastic about working.

Plus, it was a joke, Rev.