Butch Jones is a solid hire.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 8, 2012.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

So you'd support failure?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This thing isn't Jones' fault. If Hart and Cheek are gone, I can give Jones a shot.

I question his ability. However, I don't question his desire. I believe the guy wants to win as badly as we do. Whether he wins championships or not, I'm confident that he'll be firmly committed to winning....but it's clear to me that Hart and Cheek are not.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I will support the program if those idiots are shown the door. Jones can't help that he's an unbelievably shitty default position for two idiots who decided to shun the boosters.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We need to change who makes UT decisions and how we compensate them if they aren't UT folks. No vested interest in the school but guaranteed incomes is a problem.

5. robvols

robvols Member

The more I see that positive bullshit on Facebook, the more I get effing pissed.

The Bearcat fanbase is telling us something that those Vol fans are refusing to listen to. It's like Dooley and his anger issues.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Fans have got to make sure the university knows the reason for the complete loss of hope is due to 2 people. **** both of them.

7. robvols

robvols Member

It's not a good idea to piss off the boosters, BPV.

8. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

I think a larger issue here is that even if Jones were a "solid hire" he would not receive support from the administrative side necessary for successfully competing in the SEC. Based on everything they have shown us, the football program is exactly where they want it to be.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It only works I the short term. In the long, everyone loses. Not one single positive can come from this.

10. robvols

robvols Member

Down in the cesspooling dumpster, Abe

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Hart and Cheek could be fired. I'd count that as a positive. Outweighed of course by the **** you buyout they saddled us with on their way out the door

12. robvols

robvols Member

You want to see unsold suites?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Frankly, that's just housekeeping that has to be done and means nothing to the football program, which is a huge part of the public image of UT.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yes.

15. Tar Volon

Depends on who they're replaced with. A quality AD is an asset to the football program. Although even if we get one, his hands will be somewhat tied in the short-term because of the aforementioned idiotic buyout

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Program is still ****ed for years. The buyout here and recruiting implosion to come are not going to be overcome soon by any AD on earth.

17. DynaVol

DynaVol Member

Reposting this:

After watching theJones press conference, my deja vu feeling of nausea sent me out surfing multiple Bearcat boards and I found common themes concerning the new head coach.

Micro manager
    Weak x's and o's guy
    Paranoid
    Bad late game management
    No 2nd half adjustment
    On field loyalty to less talented players
    Big ego
    Corny Butchisms
    Unwillingness to adjust his way to current roster skill set
    Fans more upset over loss of assistant coaches than head coach

The bammer and gaytor have gifted the Vols with Dooley 2.0. The only good things I could find were he works really, really hard and appears to be a recruiting upgrade over Doolz.

I avoided the obviously butthurt fans in reading statements concerning Jones, but most Bearcat fans think he is way out of his league in trying to coach in the SEC.

Ugh!!!!!

18. Tar Volon

I'm not ready to call Jones a terrible recruiter. He's a complete unknown in recruiting because he's never been at a major school. I agree on the buyout.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Recruiting is a relative game. On a relative basis, we're relatively ****ed.

20. Tar Volon

I think it's too early to say anything about recruiting. He could recruit like [ddiapos], or he could recruit like Mark Richt. He has no history that gives us any indication one way or another. (which, by the way, is one of the reasons I oppose his hire. We need a proven recruiter)