Butch Jones is a solid hire.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 8, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

God we have some of the dumbest fans in the nation.

2. robvols

robvols Member

It's like not learning from history.

3. robvols

robvols Member

I agree with this statement in all levels known to fandom.

4. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I have to quit reading this crap. Unf------- real.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That's overstating things quite a bit. Before Butch Jones, Cincinnati had two all-time Big East championships (including co-championships). They were currently on top, but they weren't any sort of long-standing power.

Also, somebody said that 11+ starters on Kelly's championship team were Dantonio recruits. I have not checked this, so evaluate as you will.

No, but somebody else on that list followed Saban.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That would be beautiful.

7. Tar Volon

trollololololo

8. robvols

robvols Member

This gives me an idea..........I should start a thread where I would post the most sunshine pumping comments on Vol Facebook pages. Plus the more realism ones.

Based on docholiday's comment, maybe not

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  9. TennTradition

Rob - you're an alright guy and everything...but if you mention Facebook one more time, I'm going to e-slap you.

10. robvols

robvols Member

I just edited that post after reading docholiday's post. So IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!

11. TennTradition

Uh-oh....

12. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Paranoid ???? - damn with our luck it's probably roids

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I guess I'm going to start looking at game film. Any body out there know of a place i can see a collection of UC games?

14. Tar Volon

His last four games are still up on ESPN3. I don't know if they archive things that are more than a month old.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I would imagine ESPN Classic will reair the most successful program in the country quite frequently. Shouldn't be a problem.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Wait...........what...................they may have been happy he was leaving.

17. DynaVol

DynaVol Member

The way Bearcat fans talked about it made me think Doolz and Randy Shannon. They also made multiple comments stating he has a major issue with anything negative being said about him in the media and from the fanbase to the point of trying to control it. That let's me know his dream job was about doubling his salary no matter which school was going to do it. His meltdown will be humorous when this media/fan board honeymoon ends and the public roasting begins to hit full throttle.

18. robvols

robvols Member

Like it has started over here.

But the sunshine pumpers will say STOP IT!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The negativity is tough shit. He walked in where he really wasn't wanted. He will find out the hard way with Gruden chants.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fan base has been through hell. It is fractured. IMO, we did not need a “solid hire”. We needed a "Home Run" hire. Hart fractured the fan base even further.

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

No need to waste precious time. I just realized we are moving to the Big East maybe? Bj says we have the talent now to compete in the SEC. His offense (please not call it the spread) will wear defenses down physically and mentally. After SEC defenses shut your offense down,how will your no depth defense stop people? Also,your starters have very few playmakers on defense Bj. Interesting.
    Maybe he was just confused and thought Tennessee was moving to a conference that plays zero defense.