Butch Jones quote from yesterday:

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 19, 2014.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

No wonder Sab likes the guy. Butch is like all the salesmen Sab looks up to at HH Gregg.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And unwilling to accept responsibility for the outcome of this football game - which is where leadership and success begin, imo.

By delaying improvement to recruiting, he's basically saying scheme and coaching have peaked. No room for improvement there...coaches have reached their full potential. Don't look for them to evaluate themselves and adjust. This is a personnel problem.

**** him.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Eloquently stated, imo.

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Thats like saying a front line cook at Applebee's can prepare a Wagyu Kobe Steak as well as Bobby Flay. He is full of shit.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except Pelini was winning 8 games a year

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I can't stand a victim mentality, which is where he's taken this. He's a victim of the situation he walked into. Only way to fix is to eliminate accountability for a few years until this his roster.

You can't lead men that way.

This didn't happen to you. It happened because of you. Accept that, believe that, and maybe then you can begin to improve.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly.

Kiffin had two 260 lb walkons at guard and center, a rb that appeared to be made of glass, the 2nd or 3rd worse qb to start a game here and one lb of note. He won 7 games.

9. JayVols

I'd have some respect for him if he had just came out and admitted they have done a poor job of putting the players we have in a position to succeed. He hasn't and won't. He's painted himself into a corner in choosing the blame the roster strategy. If he changes now, it will just come across as more of his pandering to the lowest common denominator coach speak bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  10. JayVols

We all are victims of something. We can choose to use that as motivation to overcome our shortcomings, or we can choose to make that an excuse. It's crystal clear which route Butch has taken. I refuse to be a victim. It's a loser mentality.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The troubling issue is that this is the second season in a row that we've regressed as the season played out.

Hard to really judge the defense due to the offense sucking at fulmers last year's level.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am just glad I went camping.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Great way to encourage your players to mail in the rest of the season.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was talking about depth on the ol

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I wonder how Blair and Weisman fit into that assessment.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably saying **** you Butch

17. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Says he's a realist yet will defend his offense that hasn't scored a TD against an SEC team this month to the media.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I got the snippet from toos. I apologize for running with something taken out of context. Still, it's a similar principle, and I don't like him saying it. Like you posted earlier, look what Kiffin did with a pig's ear.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's still not good, but the depth on the ol can only be fixed by recruiting

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He's a [dadgum] fraud. Period.