Butch Jones quote from yesterday:

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 19, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i have that exact pipe. ha

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The same thing was said about Peterman.

Dobbs isn't good. The fact that Worley isn't good doesn't make Dobbs good. It's a matter of non-goodness we are discussing, and that fact is, in itself, sad.

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I really want to be hopeful about Dobbs clicking at some point. He seems to be the only quarterback we will have in the next 1 to 2 years that seems to really fit the offense Bajakian wants to run. Or am I just completely missing something about Dormady? From what all I have gathered he's more of a pocket passer.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. cotton

Named after Herman Sousa, a man who could lean so far backwards he could suck his own ****.

5. cotton

Please somebody explain a logical reason that anybody would keep Josh Dobbs up his sleeve.

Please.

Anybody.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Because he's the only QB on roster that truly fits the offensive scheme under Jones? For this reason alone I can understand why Butch is trying to gain him as much eligibility possible.......especially considering we haven't had one single commitment from a dual threat QB yet under Butch's tenure.

7. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Because the coaches don't want anyone to see the QB they evaluated, recruited, and then signed

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Can you explain why he would redshirt Maggitt last year when he was fully healthy and we had a good shot of being bowl eligible?

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Can you explain why they kept force feeding pro Fergerson info to Knoxville media when he was nothing short of a walking disaster?

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ain't none of you sonsa[itch bay]es doin' me.

11. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Jauan Jennings?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's the #9 dual threat QB in the country on 24/7 I think

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings is a dual threat QB and the Kendall kid committed for the 2016 class is a really good athlete.

Dormady isn't a huge running threat, but he's much more athletic than Worley

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm almost as athletic as Worley.

Almost.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The Worley benchmark isn't a hard one to beat

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fixed.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was faster than Worley in my early 20's. Couldn't throw the ball any better, but I was faster. Not Bassman fast, but ya.

18. cotton

No, I cannot.

Also, no.

This may be the reason.

It doesn't make any sense, but it may be the reason. The only thing you are gaining is the possibility to have Dobbs under center for 2017, which is one of the stupidest reasons in the history of football to do anything.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

He doesn't run much in HS from the looks of it but his HUDL numbers are pretty legit.

4.7 40' which is about on par with most new age QBs. Luck ran a 4.67, Tebow ran a 4.72. Mind you, these numbers are combine numbers run by a 21/22 year old.

The number that pops to me is his shuttle time. 4.15s is very quick. Would be a Top 10 time in the NFL combine for the last 5 years. 4.15s is the exact time that Tre Mason ran. Cam Newton ran a 4.18s. Andrew Luck ran a 4.28s.

Though numbers don't mean much if they're not applied on the field, they do show his athletic ability.

He's not fast, he's quick.

Jauan Jennings isn't quick, he's fast.

They're different types of runners.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not ripping on you, but I doubt it.