Butch Jones quote from yesterday:

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Y'all clearly don't understand the process

Y'all will be left out once this train gets rolling

Better get on it now . Toot toot

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He stumbled backward into an unbelievable gig because we have the worst administration in all of college sport.

4. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I've gone from not liking the guy to actively disliking him. And I'm usually a pretty low-key kind of person.

5. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

March 1, 2014 - February 29, 2016 $3,000,000
    March 1, 2016 - February 28, 2019 $2,000,000

^
    Lyle's buyout, per his MOU from 2012.

Odds are, we have him through the end of 2017's season. However, the colossal clusterf*ck we all witnessed in December 2012 is evidence enough that, even if a legitimate HC knocks down our door demanding the Head Coaching position, Cheek, Hart, and/or the Administration will bottom-dollar yet another coaching vacancy and search the proverbial bargain bin for a high energy coach, with more recruiting prowess than actual X's and O's.

Holy shit, this is depressing.

6. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Dooley or Lyle? Because.....

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Don't see a light at the of the tunnel. Going to be a long while.

8. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

It's getting harder for the dumbasses to defend him

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I would like to toot in Butch's mouth

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We can't let people change the topic and try to paint those criticizing Jones as being unreasonable. We are not suggesting he should win a championship year 2. We are not even saying the we should have beaten Ole Miss. We are saying that we should be showing some improvement on offense. We are saying that you should not be calling double reverses while approaching the red zone. We are saying there are some strategies to assist with a limited OL. There is no game plan that would allow our OL to dominate a defense like Ole Miss. But, we could do better.

And, I respect the fact that it is a process. But the ____ _____ (readers choice on the expletive you prefer) process should be going better on the field than it is now.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't think that's right.

To be a fraud, someone has to hold you out as something you are not. Nobody, other than the orange VFL!!! sheep that would say the same thing about any hack lawyer from La Tech, have ever held Butch out to be anything better than what he is.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Isn't stopping them from trying. FoolNation is still cranking the excuse machine.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Let them. The inevitable will be that much more of an impact on them and their dollars.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Let me just say that the level of delusion over there right now is only operating at about a third of peak Dooley levels.

(Now their recruitng forum is a different animal. That's the forum for which IP's zoo analogy may not even go far enough.)

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My wife told me today "Their offense is getting worse, if that is possible."

I trust my wife.

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Good point.

17. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

If Butch's job is to win games this year, Dobbs should be on the field the rest of the year. Neither Worley or Mickey Mouse's bastard child are in the same discussion of athletes as Dobbs. Dobbs has the capability to break off a 10 yard run or more when needed, and with the QB recruits they are bringing in the next few years, 2 years is probably going to be his shelf life. We need to get the most out of this team each game, but playing Worley with this line and him not being nearly as mobile as Dobbs is going to get him killed.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You can attempt to at least put a band aid and some neosporin on through some coaching in the meantime.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That's what he's responsible for if he gets hired by someone like Michigan...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The bitter pill is that we are better off just keeping First Trumpet rather than getting locked in anew with whatever drummer or chef Cheek and Hart would roll out next.