Butch's Leash Under Currie

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, May 17, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Common misconception. I am still a human and get angry.

Like whenever I see Butch Jones on television or hear his voice.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But yet you're not going to counterattack the yellow jackets

3. NorrisAlan

I invaded their home. And Butch Jones is my kryptonite.

4. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

And THIS is the real question. Everything else is interesting but inconsequential.

5. NorrisAlan

I would call Big Jim and tell him to shut the **** up and get in line or gtfo. But that is just me.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd rather he just quit.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm good whenever. But the throw from the 1 was evidently a Dormady check. There would be no reason to yank him in the middle of the series unless he just checked into a pass that was almost a pick 6, or saw the wrong signal or something. A timeout to regroup and run the ball 3 times up the gut should have been simple enough after a **** up, but instead, we have to put the backup in and throw the timing off even more. Stupidity.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dormady easily could have thrown five or more picks. He was lucky. Can't believe they kept tempting fate when Kelly was so unstoppable.

9. Ssmiff

great practice player that I expected would play better when its on due to his Texas roots and father as a coach. His ball to Wolf was a pro throw. Many of his decisions and back foot throws have not been good. He may have thrown into sextuple coverage once Saturday. And he's had pockets but doesn't really like to step up at all.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hes 3 games in. He looks decent. That said, I'd start gutsntano if it's close to let him get up the learning curve.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm not going to criticize any QB on their play as long as Butch is here.

He's had too many guys leave and light it up at other places.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought he came up limping, and stepped out due to that?

13. Ssmiff

if you go back and look, I believe you will See Butch and another coach kindof in his face trying to figure out what play he just ran on first.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was definitely due to be rolled up on and not because of changing the play.

15. Ssmiff

He got leg whipped a little but didn't even go to the bench, was fine and back in the game in 30 seconds. He checked to the throw at the line when he looked at the wr's and saw them in man with no help. A slight injury right there would be an even better reason for Butch to take a timeout and regroup. Instead Dormady trots back on 2nd goal at the 5 after the penalty. Just a screw up all around really.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think Dormady would kill it with the right coach and system to suit his strengths.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Absolutely

18. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I've seen it written a couple of places that Dormady got banged up and that's why Guarantano went in.

Dormady is ahead of Guarantano at this point, but if I'm Butch, I switch to Guarantano anyway since this season is a wash and we may as well get the guy actually suited for this shit offense the reps.

Of course if I have the power to make the decision I fire Butch.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

?

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Did Butch seriously ask Currie for a raise/extension before this season?