Butch's Leash Under Currie

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, May 17, 2017.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Although, to be fair, our line was absolutely horrendous in short yardage situation. I think our only 3rd and short conversion came on the pitch where we needed six inches and Kelly got seven inches

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Really been that way for five years. That said, John Kelly behind Tre Smith gives me a lot of confidence, especially if you don't line up in the shotgun and waste time trying to convince people Dormady will keep it.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's why he's got a new agent

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't love the idea of Sexton vs our AD, but fortunately, Butch has no leverage.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I put that on the playcalls/play design. Everything we ran needing less than a yard was delayed or lateral (or a pass).

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are asked to be passive. Look at them, they step back and absorb the Dline.

Then go watch 120 other FBS schools' olines. They fire off the ball and move people off the line.

He's got road grader types in Robertson, Jones, Boulware and Smith. Let them put a body on someone and move the LOS.

7. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

We suck and aren't winning the East, so may as well get Guarantano in there regardless of the fact that Dormady may be a little ahead of him.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

A little quick to throw in the towel, I'm, especially with the goal of developing a QB by a staff that is incapable of developing a QB. Jg two years from now is not a reason to do anything today.

9. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I see your point, but I just don't see things getting much better with Dormady whereas JG might have a bigger upside in this offense.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The problem with this team and this offense isn't that they are playing the wrong QB.

11. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Borderline dreaded "vote of confidence"

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That's how I read it.

[​IMG]

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

votes of confidence are fine and expected. he has no choice but to do that. making excuses for losses is what should worry people. that being said if the stadium is half full by the end of the year, butch is ****ed anyway no matter how much currie might like him.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"I was proud of the way our team competed, and the bottom line is we’re one play away from sitting here talking about a miraculous comeback win."

it's this quote which is worrisome. in particular, since it's not true.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't piss in my cheerios, mr. 3-0.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We beat a hurricane-ravaged school that played like crap with half their starters suspended. Miracle!