Calling All Lawyers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Mar 24, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cost of installing a proper vent system

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

There are explicit rules around waste handling including how long they can store prior to incinerating. If the waste is being treated in a non-permitted manner, EPA would care.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Unless they get cancer, no.

That's different, then. You should get millions, maybe billions, especially if you have not been harmed.

Your best bet is 1-800-badcompany. They have experts in every state waiting to take your call.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The lesser the harm, the greater the reward?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like my kind of place!

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

EPA's stormwater regulations have made a hell of a business for guys with equipment. They're creating jobs!

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

OP asks for lawyers, lawyers show up and bray like jack asses. Good thread.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would pay good money to see Droski and KB in court together, then throw in Cotton as devil's advocate with hat acting as judge.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh, I don't think we'd like the consequences of not having those. And silt traps and such.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The EPA is a needed annoyance. The majority of the stuff (overwhelming majority) is good and I agree with it. 90% of their stormwater applications work for the purposes they intended it to do.

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Here is an excerpt from OSHA. Good luck and i hope something is brought to their attention.

"Workers may file a complaint to have OSHA inspect their workplace if they believe that their employer is not following OSHA standards or that there are serious hazards. Employees can file a complaint with OSHA by calling 1-800-321-OSHA (6742), online via eCompliant Form, or by printing the complaint form and mailing or faxing it to your local OSHA area office. Complaints that are signed by an employee are more likely to result in an inspection.

If you think your job is unsafe or you have questions, contact OSHA at 1-800-321-OSHA (6742). It's confidential. We can help. For other valuable worker protection information, such as Workers' Rights, Employer Responsibilities, and other services OSHA offers, visit OSHA's Workers' page."

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So long as it's hazardous waste, this is correct. I'm not sure styrofoam is a classified as such. It may once it reaches the processing facility. Since they process it, particularly with incineration, they would need an air permit. If they are processing without a permit, they could wind up in deep crap.

Permitting information may be available on the EPA's echo database. I can't remember if air is included, but I think it is. I primarily used it for water and wastewater stuff in the past. If that database (or whichever one includes air info) lists them as having a permit, then they do. If it doesn't, then they might. EPA makes a lot of information available, but it's not always the most up to date or easy to navigate to find.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

For your purposes, I'd start with OSHA. Go from there. That may be enough to fix the problem.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

#1 show with a bullet, if you ask me.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Eat a ****.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree that the storage requirements wouldn't apply here. I was just using that as an example of how the EPA cares about activities inside a facility before any release to the environment at large.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Go inhale some styrofoam.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Laughed.

Great thread.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's gotta violate some OSHA regs.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain