Calling All Lawyers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Mar 24, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

So I looked into the extruder that they're using, this thing is made for making solid soap. No joke. Doesn't take a genius to figure that solid soap is made at pretty low temperature, which means that the styrofoam they are buring is emitting tons of Benzene and Carbon Monoxide. Among other things.

Benzene is what worries me the most. It can be taken in through your respiratory system or absorbed through your skin, so whatever we aren't breathing in, we are absorbing. Shit is dangerous. Messes with your central nervous system, kidneys, lungs and your GI.

At this point I'm trying to make sure I've got all the information I can get before making a call. I'm still not sure what days they are doing this, maybe every other day, not sure.

The facility manager is the biggest micromanager I've ever seen. The guy watches footage of what goes on when he's not there, hard to believe he would do something this stupid.

2. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Jesus crust just call OSHA already if it's that bad. They are smart enough to figure out whether or not violations are being committed. You could report to the media anomonously as well.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Your primary benzene concern in this case is inhalation. Skin absorption is more a concern with liquid exposure.

4. GahLee

Well that's a bit of a relief.

5. GahLee

I want to get as much info as possible before doing. It's not like they're going to stop the process tomorrow because apparently I'm the only person at the facility that seems to give a shit or has even a slight clue what they're doing. There are just a few more things I'd like to know before making the call. Should find those out today.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many people do not take environmental threats seriously until after the fact when it bites them. They feel "safe" because no consequences have been detected today. Obviously they sing a different tune 10 or 20 years down the road.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yeah, call them, tell them what you know, and then anonymously tip HR that they've been called. Like send them a letter with UPS or fedex so you can track it and confirm receipt but make sure you send it as Fozzy Bear or some other suck made up name. And pay the UPS peeps cash....just, you know, be smart about it. You don't want to lose your job.

Then armed with proof that you alerted them to the tip to OSHA, you have better ammo if you ever want to sue them (like, if you were to grow an extra schlong or something).

And even if none of the above accomplishes anything, at least you tried to do something.

8. GahLee

I feel really bad for whatever poor schmuck is operating it.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Now there is a marketable side to all this.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would I do with an extra... Oh, right.

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

So what happened?

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;A939QRRSNV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4[/video]

Literally