Can Jancek get it done?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tripper, Jun 28, 2013.

1. tripper

tripper Member

Dont post often but I haven't seen my concern posted much or addressed. Martiinez is one of the worst coaches in the SEC based on past performance. He was fired at UGA and OU. Jancek is not much better. He was shown the door at UGA, so all we have is a role reversal in coaches from the 2009 UGA season. Every UGA PERSON I talk to despises them.

Richt said:
    "We want to make sure we're playing Georgia ball, playing with the type of speed and intensity that it takes to be champions." after firing Martinez.

My question is "what has changed"?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He held some pretty bad teams to low scoring totals. I guess that's better than giving up 48 to Troy.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You have hit on my biggest concern about this staff. I have little faith in Jancek and Martinez as coaches.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Absolutely. Every time I try to get excited about recruiting, I remember the coaching staff and feel like I'm going to vomit.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I guess the best scenario would be them speeding up the process recruiting wise, and taking a dump on the field during a season when we're guaranteed to suck.

But that would require Butch hiring a couple badass assistants the next year, so we'll see.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I've expressed my concern (on several occasions) of having Jancek as DC. Marinez, not so much as long as he remains (just/only) the DB Coach.

7. hatvol96

Yeah, because Martinez really flourished in that role at OU.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I want to know how he keeps getting high profile jobs.

9. hatvol96

He recruits. There are plenty of guys who can't coach a lick making good money because they go get players. I fear we have a defensive staff with almost nothing but such guys.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Except on the d-line. Hopefully he can coach because it doesn't appear he's recruiting much.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I cannot give you any reason to think this will work.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Even if the defense is bad, that's still a vast improvement.

14. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

maybe Butch is a better HC and leader than Richt

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That just means he'll fire Jancek and Martinez quicker

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think either one will be here very long, but they'll get quality defensive players before getting the boot.

17. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Maybe. I'd rather see what we do before firing coaches prior to coaching their first game for us. We have people ready to let them go. Not jumping on anybody, but can't we at least get to the season before we start saying our coaches suck and won't get it done?
    It's back to square one already with the firing list going.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I just see mainly well-founded concern based off of years of performance being discussed.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they will probably look like Buddy Ryan compared to what we just witnessed. last year they looked like they were wearing roller skates on ice.

but yeah.

20. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

This is about the best we can hope for.