Can Jancek get it done?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tripper, Jun 28, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I honestly had never heard of Martinez as a great recruiter.

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't do a background check and has no idea about his coaching.. We'll see what happens. I don't know. Starts from scratch with me. Looks like we know who your first whipping boy is for the summer and fall though. It's gotta be somebody. Might as well be Martinez.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Bring in players for a few years. Let someone else coach them after that. I just want to ****ing win again.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we can all look and see what he's done at his various stops. why will he suddenly be a great DB coach?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yep, bringing in players is priority #1

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yes, but if he can't coach, and I seriously doubt he can, Jones better be quick to drop the axe.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Aren't Willie and Jancek pretty close?

8. limpleg

John Jancek Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Track record doesn't make it appear he sucks. I think people get attached to stigmas, without knowing what's accurate at times. Not saying you guys are wrong. I just don't know that he's a bad coach, and I don't think our HC hired him knowing he's a bad coach. If you guys think he sucks and that CBJ hired him knowing he sucks, that's your opinion.
    But if I thought that lowly of our current HC and his decision making, I'd have zero confidence in a HC that hires a coach that he knows sucks at coaching.
    Sorry, but that sounds ridiculous to me.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's not cool. I'd managed to forget about him. Next, you'll mention Pat.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Right back on the brilliant "wait and see" bandwagon. Good for you. Hiring a guy who has gotten fired progressively quicker from each of his last three jobs obviously has great potential for success.

11. hatvol96

You're acting as if great assistants are racing to work for a guy whose main accomplishment right now is being a co Big East champion. He hires a recruiter/lousy coach, he at least improves the roster. He hires a technician/poor recruiter, he has dug his hole even deeper.

12. hatvol96

Probably looked a lot like the background check that got Dooley hired over Sumlin.

13. limpleg

I got it hat. I'm wrong for wait and see. That's never going to change my man. I'm certainly not dooming our new db coach in June.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Randy Sanders went to Arkansas, I see no reason why Tennessee couldn't get him. I would have felt much better with him and I'm sure recruiting would have been fine too.

15. hatvol96

Yeah, guys with bad track records turn it around all the time. I'm sure someone else in the SEC will give Dooley the benefit of "wait and see" and make him a head coach again soon. It's perfectly logical.

16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

?????????????????????????

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shannon, Randy Shannon

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

shit, I meant Shannon.

19. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Whew, I was concerned for a minute. I knew of no world where Randy Sanders could solve our problems.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There have been two coaches Richt had fired in his uga tenure. They are both on our staff.