Can Jancek get it done?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tripper, Jun 28, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe he did

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He'll teach young freshmen the proper way to pack a can of Skoal.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You know, for some reason I didn't realize Willie was DC at Georgia for 5 years.

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Here is Martinez' profile. I realize stats can be skewed in either direction to support an opinion or go against the same opinion, but again, it doesn't look like he sucks as a coach. If guys are basing their opinions on a couple of games that stick out where the Ga defense looked horrible, it's college football and every coach and defense has bad days. I don't know what to expect from him, other than our guys better be able to track the ball better, play with more instinct, and we can't have any more 4.6 cb's. If he can make that happen, we will be fine.
    Willie Martinez Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Jancek worries me more than Martinez and how often do coaches that suck suddenly turn it around?

6. limpleg

So you looked at his resume?

7. limpleg

I understand concern, but these two guys were the defensive coaches for ga when they finished in the top 10 3 times in 5 years and won an sec championship

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

About never.

9. limpleg

I'm not trying to convince you to like him or them. I'm trying to figure out how being on staffs that won conference championships equals sucking.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've had several chances to interact with him professionally. He's an egotistical ass hole.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You know, I've never minded egotistical ass holes that succeed, it's the ones that suck that piss me off.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

In a one-on-one setting (not NY one-on-one mind you), there's no reason to be that way. But I'm with you. At least the ass holishness is more tolerable if they are successful.

13. limpleg

I didn't like having a UT representative butcher the English language. It was embarrassing. I will also always remember the story of a fan asking him why he never ran that little end around anymore like he did at Miami to win the game. His response was that the more times you run something, the probability of the play being stopped increased.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree. If I need surgery and the best surgeon is an *******, I don't care, that's who I want. Too bad for Randy Sanders, he's an ******* and not the best at what he does, kinda makes him useless, imo.

15. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Jancek's only salvation is that he's following Sucksuri.

16. CardinalVol

I Was a fan of the read option with Rick clausen in 2004 uk game.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fade to Leonard Scott. I think 2001 Georgia?

18. CardinalVol

02 Miami.

19. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

My Georgia friends absolutely detested him.

20. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

This. If the defense improves slightly, Jancek will be considered a good coach in most fans eyes. I just can't get over the debacle at Auburn and Butch went after these two retreads. I always liked the idea of hiring good coaches and leave them alone. Then hire good recruiters and keep them out on the road.