POLITICS Carlson on Liberals

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No, it’s not, IP.

It’s an argument of false equivalence.

The woman has no recollection of even the most basic facts of the alleged event from 30+ years ago, and now, has refused to tell what story she thinks she remembers.

If she thinks that she was sexually assaulted, she should file a police report, and let the criminal justice system handle it. Or, file suit for damages. Or both.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Investigate what? The FBI has already declined investigating the allegation due to the complete lack of information to event attempt to begin looking into something 35+ years ago. This lady doesn't know when it happened, where it happened, or who was even there to talk to outside of Kavanaugh and his friend. She claimed her therapy notes from 2012 corroborates her story, yet those show her story isn't consistent. What exactly do we want the FBI to do? Besides a 7th background check on Kavanaugh and ask him did he do it?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I bust wood every time I read something from Tenny bemoaning liberals....which is quite often.

I truly enjoy living rent free in his head.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wouldn’t it be past statute of limitations, and also not a Federal crime?

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

From what I understand there’s no statute of limitations in Maryland for sexual assault. As to the second, I don’t believe they’re requesting a criminal investigation, since the FBI wouldn’t conduct such an investigation. They just want another background check done that includes this allegation.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t think that there is a statute of limitations on sexual assault.

It’s not necessarily a Federal crime, but can be prosecuted as such, IIRC.

As to the FBI, I do believe that they have broad discretion as to whether or not they can investigate just about anything. It’s the FBI who does the background checks on every SCOTUS nominee, IIRC, so this would likely fall under their purview.

Need lawyer to confirm any / all of this, that’s just my blind assed guess.

7. fl0at_

Does his high school fall under Maryland or DC?

https://www.rainn.org/state-state-guide-statutes-limitations

Says Maryland has no statute of limitations, but DC does, for some sexual crimes.

8. fl0at_

Same question as to Tenny, does Maryland supersede DC or does DC apply to a Georgetown school?

The background check isn’t going to really be altered, so I can understand the FBI passing.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I have no clue, I’m just repeating what I’ve heard in the news. A dangerous proposition I know.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did they conduct such an investigation in 1993 with Anita Hill?

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

they didn’t conduct a criminal investigation. The Bush administration simply added it to Thomas’ background check and the fbi investigated.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

But this is something the FBI doesn't do now?

It'd be quick. Anita Hill's took 3 days. You interview everyone allegedly at that party. You interview friends/classmates from that time. You follow any leads (if there are any) that produces. Probably done in less than 3 days.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes it would only take around three days. However, according to Fords’s attorney, any investigation that would be wrapped up in a matter of days wouldn’t be a legitimate one. She said it should take a few weeks.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Probably should take months.

15. fl0at_

Everything is a conspiracy.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No conspiracy here. It's exactly what it is.

17. fl0at_

A stall tactic where more than one person is in on it is a literal conspiracy.

If this is a lie, with more than one person in on it, that’s a conspiracy.

All of these things you have alluded to or said.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is not a secret plan.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ole Tucker 100% correct and you can tell by the reactions from the left how accurate he is. Burn it down.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sad.