POLITICS Carlson on Liberals

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes it is. Been sad for @ 18 months now

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's also kinda stupid. Which party campaigned on destroying the status quo? Draining the swamp? Talks about shutting down the gov for the wall. The narrative is that there is a deep state that must be dismantled, a swamp to drain, and that Washington is the problem... but the GOP has controlled Washington for 6 years... and the dems are the ones wanting to burn everything down? Burn what down? Thst evil bogey man that is the alleged root of all ills? Which is it: does it need to all be torn down or are dems trying to burn it down?

Can't be both. Seems more like effective marketing for those disinclined towards substance.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

dems want to hold a man guilty due to a leftist with an agenda claiming she was drunk at a party and luckily made a spin move and escaped 2 mean football players 40 years ago. Yes, its very stupid.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hold him guilty? I have only heard "investigation," buckeye.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I don't think the left is all that worried about proving that its true.

An investigation takes time and keeps this in the media longer with elections not to far in the distant future.
    If Kavanaugh is pulled or steps aside you have "Trump nominates probable rapist".
    If Kavanaugh stands and is confirmed after the investigation you have "Trump nominee and possible rapist Kavanaugh confirmed"

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed.

7. Tenacious D

If the Dems don’t like the speed of the current nomination process, wait until they see how quickly it’ll be for RGB’s seat.

8. Tenacious D

I don’t agree with many, and perhaps all, of these points, but they’re reasonable and fair ones.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Which makes the timing for when they decided to drop this even more comical.

If it gets investigated and is done so in 3 days "it was brushed aside and not taken seriously"
    If she doesn't show and cooperate "Ford was bullied into unreasonable terms"

It all ends with "they re hiding something"

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Funny you should mention that

11. Tenacious D

Bernie, whom you supported, was about as far removed from embracing the status quo as anyone except Trump. You just preferred how he intended to transform it, and what he intended to tear down and replace it with.

That no more makes it any different than it magically absolves you from the same accusations which you now assign to others.

You’re not above the same biased follies as everyone else. You just think that your preferred biases and follies are somehow ultimately better, smarter....or perhaps even merely “less terrible” than everyone else’s, and who disagree with you.

And that’s cool, IP - I’m just as badly shot by the same bullet points that I’m now leveling at you, but then, I can sometimes realize, admit and own my shit, but don’t recall your doing so, or other resident liberals, such as yourself. Maybe you and they have, dozens and dozens of times, and I missed it am conveniently forgetting it, in the moment.

There is absolutely a “Deep State” - insofar as this sort of entrenched bureaucratic machine which not only survives any elected official (including any POTUS - Trump, Obama, JFK, etc.), but which can have and seek to advance its own goals and achievement of its preferred ends, even if such conflicts with the official policy of any Admin or officeholder. And such hasn’t only recently occurred, but which has been around for decades. JFK made frequent mention of exactly this thing (if you force me to find and link the quotes, I will), back in the 60’s, for sure. Of course, this is the natural result of having any workforce that’s almost entirely insulated from being fired + temporary bosses.

I’m not sure what EO Trump could sign to remove or greatly inhibit these crazily overzealous protections for the Federal workforce....but it’s easily in my Top 3 biggest wishes, again, if such is even possible.

I sincerely wish the GOP had controlled DC for last 6 years.

Both DC and the current state of our political system are each inarguably broken. But we keep blaming each other for it, instead of both Parties who’ve actually done it, and much worse, we then keep hoping that these same selfishly dullard and connivingly cowards are somehow going to fix it, or even desire it to be fixed, at all. I’d say things now run just about perfectly for both Parties right now, and as it similarly does for those inside the beltway, or who work for the Feds.

So, in summary, we don’t have a shitty politician problem, so much as a stupidly apathetic voting populace, and who continues to abdicate it’s preeminent role in our system of government, in support of these dipshits.

Sorry I’m rambling.

12. Tenacious D

“What are they hiding?” is easily the single dumbest and most brazenly ham-fisted talking point I’ve heard in quite awhile.

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

"We require an FBI investigation into an alleged incident taking place somewhere in the state of Maryland on some date in the summer of sometime in the early 80s. Anything less than a full investigation is a miscarriage of justice."

14. Ssmiff

Tax payers pay for that investigation?

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Burn what down? The House Republicans built?

Since 1980, you’ve had 22 Presidential years to the elephant, but 16 to the donkey.

The Supreme Court since 1980 has seen 9 justices (about to be 10) appointed by the elephant, compared to 4 by the donkey.

Tack another 6 on for presidency and at least 2 for House and Senate. And probably another Supreme. And umpteen Federal judges.

You have to go back longer than most of us have been alive, and longer than the rest for age of voting to even start evening those numbers out.

And then, you have to contend with whether a “Southern democrat” is the same ideology as a democrat today. And only Tenny believes that.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I think that’s him waving the white flag. He knows if she doesn’t show up on Monday, it’s over.

17. Ssmiff

I hate politics. Politicians are crooked, lying people that have a power need, and those that need power really shouldnt have it, imo. Whatever side.
    Burn it down to me refers to a group that isnt getting what they wanted, and will burn it down if they have to, no matter what it takes.

18. fl0at_

A conspiracy does not have to be secret.

As I said, everything is a conspiracy.

19. fl0at_

There are three groups:

1. Those that have found Kavanaugh guilty.
    2. Those that have found him innocent.
    3. Everything else.

I see a ton of 2s on this board, complaining that the 1s, which I don’t see here, have come to a conclusion despite no evidence (despite them having come to a conclusion despite no evidence).

And then everyone else.

Be who y’all are, but at least understand that you are what you are raging against (which doesn’t exist here, now—only you do) is yourself.

NashVol11, JudgmentVol and IP like this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This post could apply to about a jillion different things in the politics forum, though. There are tons of posts complaining about liberals/conservatives in general believing/doing/saying something, even though it doesn't apply to their representatives at 8thmaxim.com.