POLITICS Carlson on Liberals

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From his recent (Monday) appearance on Fox News, in the context of the allegations vs Kavanaugh:

“The larger lesson of this moment and actually the past two years is that the left will not abide losing power, even temporarily,” Carlson said.

“For liberals, political power is personal power, and without it, they are exposed and terrified. Some become vicious. If you have lost friends, since Trump got elected or have been yelled at over dinner or on an airplane, you know exactly what we are talking about.

Liberals believe they were meant to run this country, our government and our culture.

They have no intention of sharing control with you.

If they are not in charge, they will burn it down, which is what they are doing now.”

I wholeheartedly agree with every word of this, and without edit, hesitation or caveat.

But I’d estimate that differing opinions will abound.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you can flip the labels perfectly

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

IP thinks labels are perfect.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Political parties want power, which is the reason for their existence in the first place, to assert their political agenda into the government. The "burn it down" comment is stupid and ironic, especially considering with what just happened in the previous administration and McConnell's do-nothing obstructionists. Carlson has always been an ignorant hack posing as a pseudo-intellectual, like D'Souza, and personified by his idiotic diversity rant a few weeks ago.

Now, I do think Democrats, as politicians, put on charade spectacles and insincere outrages to cultivate political support, but a conservative stating that liberals have no desire to share power or are willing to burn it down in the process demonstrates an amazing capacity for a lack of self-awareness.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can you have a capacity for a lack of something?

6. Unimane

Sure, Trump demonstrates this capacity for lacking self-awareness all the time. It takes effort to do so.

7. Tenacious D

What instance(s) do you believe best example(s) the GOP’s willingness to “burn it down” if they didn’t have the power?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well since capacity is often related to the ability to accommodate something, using it in relation to the absence of something seems borderline oxymoronic. Which just further proves Tucker’s point that liberals will abuse anything - even the English language - in their demented quest for power.

justingroves likes this.
  9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd say he's absolutely right about the lack of civility when people find out someone voted for or supports Trump. There's much, much more of that now than during the last presidency. Neither side likes sharing power, it will get far worse before it gets better.

10. Unimane

It also means the capacity to experience something, like having no self-awareness. I think a failure to understand how one's own actions and spoken word reflects such a state works and demonstrates the point that conservatives think they are smarter than they actually are.

*Please note the last part was in the same spirit of sarcasm as used by you in the earlier post.

11. Tenacious D

We disagree on Carlson and D’Souza, but we well know that, already.

Can we agree that it’s equally wrong and harmful to our political process and the cohesiveness of our society to both ape some fake outrage as it is to believe that nothing is ever outrageous?

I’ll ask you the same question as IP - when has the GOP shown a willingness or proclivity to “burn it down”?

And similarly, when was the last time that Democrats inarguably had control, and shared it with the GOP? I’m sincerely asking, as maybe you know of such examples, and that I can’t currently recall.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The GOP tried to burn it down under obama. Is that debatable? I think there are GOP leadership quotes that lend towards doing anything possible to shut things down.

13. Tenacious D

Scalia smiled.

14. Tenacious D

Honestly, tell me how - let’s look at it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has permanent smile now, and will for a few hundred years.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh, I am on mobile. Will have to wait.

17. Unimane

McConnell was quite willing to burn it down when Obama was in charge, even explicitly stating so.

And, when were the GOP willing to share control, post-94 Gingrich led revolution? They're the ones who sent us down this road of hyper-partisanship. We haven't had much working together in Congress for either side since the Tip O'Neill days.

18. Unimane

Well, for starters, "One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy"

NashVol11 and tvolsfan like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah like how republicans burned everything down during 8 years of Obama. Or was it that most of them accepted the result and went about their business like men and women. I cant recall which.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Certainly was not the second one. Tea party, shutdowns, muh gunz, birther movement, etc etc etc.