POLITICS Carlson on Liberals

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 19, 2018.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I pointed out this hypocrisy earlier in the thread. There are definitely people who prescribe guilt or innocence based on political affiliation and nothing more.

If a hardcore conservative (for instance, a figurehead for Prager U) had done this to Merrick Garland along the same timeline as this has happened for Kavanaugh, I would attribute it to nothing more than political theater using an emotional leverage as a means to an end.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Weird, I thought the internet and social media was bigger than just this board.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I voted for Doug Jones (Democrat senator in Alabama) because I found the Roy Moore allegations to be reasonable and in line with past stories. But I'm just a party stooge, what do I know.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Is Kavanaugh a 3 if there is no evidence to support his innocence or guilt?

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Reasonable allegations aside, they held back on them until after the primaries to ensure the Republican candidate was ensnared in this controversy directly before the vote instead of prior, allowing not only justice (lol) to proceed but also allowing Strange to be nominated as the candidate.

But Strange would have wiped the floor with Jones, and the DNC knew it. Same as with Kavanaugh, they held onto spurious allegations until the most politically opportune time. Sexual misconduct isn't about finding justice for the accused so much as using them to gain political advantage.

Which I find ethically disgusting and damaging to the integrity of the person holding onto knowledge... no matter who is doing it and no matter who is accused. To me, that eroded the "social justice" aspect to the rallying cry of #MeToo and lends credence to it being nothing more than a source of political ammunition. It's gross.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You sure about that timeline? I thought some stuff did start coming out before the primary, but trump stuck with him. I could be wrong on that.

7. Beechervol

Has or can Ford take this to the FBI for it to be investigated?

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If Strange hadn't been appointed by Bently he's Senator right now.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Rep primary was in September 2017:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/26/alabama-senate-results-strange-moore-243175

The first allegations against Moore were on November 9th:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html

With a bombshell allegation of sexual assault on the 13th:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/us/politics/text-beverly-young-nelson-statement.html

Senate election was on December 12th:
    https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

So the allegations hit almost exactly one month before the election.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well damn

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If there is no evidence either direction, he still has to be voted on.

12. fl0at_

Where is there an example that is 100% one way and 0% the other?

13. fl0at_

I don’t understand your point. You want to jump off a cliff here because there are other people doing it?

14. Beechervol

To be confirmed or denied to the seat, yes.

Im talking about the criminal aspect if we are talking about guilt and innocence. The vote (up or down) won't determine that.

If evidence is not there to find him guilty or prove he is innocent, he will stand in front of the vote as an innocent man of that accusation.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't understand what you mean.

16. fl0at_

There are absolutely 2s. I’ve seen zero 1s.

If this is like any other, as you state, it should require little effort to show the exact same bifurcation.

There is usually at least one example of the broader social world sitting on this board. Except on this topic.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm commenting on a story and the reaction. Which is bigger than this board.

18. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

The liberal playbook now is to stall until they’ve created enough snowflakes to elect a national candidate with a completely transparent progressive agenda.

Don’t get me wrong, the Repubs are twisted too. But I trust corporations much more than I do govt....because I understand a corporation’s motive. Which is make as much money as they can for they’re shareholders. The motives of big government can be ever changing, much more dangerous to liberty, and completely unpredictable.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Amen.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The most disappointing aspect to come about from the lack of civility between left and right is that we've allowed it to escape the fringes of either side. Now it is front and center. What would have been a moderate conservative years ago is now alt-right or worse. Same for liberals. We keep casting each other out to the worst each side has to offer until that perception becomes the reality. Sad to see.

Lexvol likes this.