POLITICS Carlson on Liberals

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 19, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If the guy is innocent, and social pressure (or family pressure or social pressure resulting in family pressure) is enough to spook him, he doesn’t need to be on the court.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My stance wasn't based on if he walked away innocent.

But more the idea that he isnt slipping past scrutiny even without this.

His underwear preference has probably documented by argued bu now.

3. fl0at_

You’re setting a limit. That there is “enough” without one more, without knowing what is enough to break.

If there is any level, he isn’t right, because there is no accounting for how difficult a future decision might be.

It isn’t a checkbox.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I keep seeing this said, but I don't think you've thought through what that means. If the claim were to be found conclusively true, his reaction to the entire situation is absolutely enough to prevent him from becoming SCOTUS. The simple lie of saying "I didn't do this" is ample reason.

IP likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If this is found to be true beyond a reasonable doubt, then he should not be not only removed from nomination, but should also be pulled off the bench. I'm a-ok with that.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Have there been any appointees since Twitter, facebook, etc?

7. Ssmiff

Only thing more ridiculous than this liberal backed witch hunt of a teenager 40 years ago accused by a self proclaimed alcoholic ho, are the people that can't see how ridiculous it is.

8. Ssmiff

Yeah, 2 big, mean, drunk football players assaulted her, not touching her anywhere, but she was lucky to escape their grasp. Even better considering they were leading tacklers. Maybe she played flag. Crazy 400 lbs of men let a 125 lb girl escape, while assaulting.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Former lobbyist with tons of DC ties. His war chest would have run over Moore and Brooks. Wouldn't have been a great Senator but compared to the 2 choices we had on election day he's a slam dunk if he isn't appointed by the man he refused to prosecute. The appearance of and frankly likely quid pro quo agreement cost him the election. My guess is we'll have Senator Byrne next go round.

10. Beechervol

Not at all.

If he doesnt fold I dont see how this makes a decision for millions in the future any less difficult. I dont see the 2 experiences as connected in that way.

11. Beechervol

If he walks then its moot.

12. fl0at_

You mean like the one that got confirmed like... 6 months ago?

Yes.

13. fl0at_

If he doesn’t fold, he doesn’t fold. Those issues are still as hard, you are correct.

If he walks, and this is the reason, he walked. And if he was innocent, then maybe couldn’t handle the pressures.

14. Ssmiff

Come on a a ron. Just saying for freaking ever, none of them had to deal with this. Clarence thomas put a pube on a coke. Imagine what else he did. (I always though he might a manscaped and accidently had a rogue)
    I deduced it,

15. fl0at_

You do a great “average American.”

16. Beechervol

I could agree with maybe.

I'm interested to see how this plays if hes confirmed.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What the [uck fay]. Why is she a ho, now? You're an Archie Bunker cartoon.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't think you understand how much anti Big Government Luther sentiment was out there before the Bentley scandal. Plenty of folks I know were getting tired of the GOP machine annointing candidates and never had a doubt about his dealings with Bentley. You may be right about the outcome, but I disagree with it being a slam dunk. The outcome will ultimately benefit the GOP in bammer though. There's no way anyone but the party favorite will be elected to anything for several cycles.

For his sake, I hope Jones is only renting in the DC area.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Gorsuch was sworn in on April 13th, 2017.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

LLOL