Charleston AME Church Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 18, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

A man who identified himself as Roof's uncle earlier told Reuters Roof's father had recently given him a .45-caliber handgun as a birthday present and that he had seemed adrift.

"I actually talked to him on the phone briefly for just a few moments and he was saying, 'Well, I'm outside practicing with my new gun'," the uncle, Carson Cowles, 56, said in a telephone interview.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/18/us-usa-shooting-south-carolina-idUSKBN0OY06A20150618

well this should go well.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been wrong before, but.........

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In before he is a government plant wanting to get antigun legislation passed so the take over prior to the next election will be easier.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Wonder what he was preaching on last night

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anybody else think that this kid looks like Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook shooter)?

What kind of a miserable piece of shit do you have to be in order to do something this despicably senseless?

And if Uncle had any inclination that this guy was even contemplating doing anything remotely close to harming someone, and did nothing, well his stupid ass needs to go, too.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Apparently he did not listen to Trumps speech; he targeted the wrong group.

8. wildnkrazykat

Yes. And wasn't one of the columbine guys named Dylan?

Haven't they now said that he was taking some type of prescription medication?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The pro-gun crowd, apparently. Oddly, there is a law in SC that firearms are not allowed in a church.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I just don't get how you do this to someone. There's no way he learned to think that way on his own.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Just like with Sandy Hook, their is a measure of guilt that belongs with the parents.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This guy's picture just screams schizophrenic or psychotic or both. You cannot understand how a mind like that works, you just cannot. They do not think like you and I think.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm so glad the Southern Poverty Law Center has stepped in to remind us that this is a product of "homegrown terrorism" and not just some retard with a .45.

14. wildnkrazykat

I mean the only way to really keep this stuff from happening is to label and institutionalize people

15. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

It appears he was on a drug called suboxone (treat opiate addiction). Side affects are violent outbursts. Virtually every major mass shooter was taking some form of SSRI (anti-depressant) or other pharmaceutical drug at the time of their attack, including Columbine killer Eric Harris, ‘Batman’ shooter James Holmes and Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza.

16. CardinalVol

Where did you see that? Not doubting, I've just not seen it.

17. Low Country Vol

Sadly gun-free zones are a turkey shoot for those who intend to kill.

18. Low Country Vol

19. CardinalVol

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The problem isn't that guns can be somewhere, but that there'd be only one, anywhere.

I know, I know. Gun nut.