Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's different baby daddies for her different kids

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As I said, weekend rental.

justingroves likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Franklin HS is 0-7 now. They suck so bad that they just fired their coach in mid season like it’s a struggling college football program. Mid season firings are not something you see everyday on the HS level. Kinda intense. But they literally have not won a game in like 2 or 3 years so maybe it was necessary. A 6A Wilco school like FHS being this bad was unfathomable when I was growing up

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They have been tied or had lead at halftime of a ton of their games. Then they fade hard and they still have a Gaca on the team who gets mad late. Gaca brothers been around Franklin doing to same thing for many years. One made UT roster last year. 2 15 yard penalties in q3 with game still tight. They have 2 good Wrs. One is 6’5. Good rbs. They just fade hard in the 2nd half

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Must not have much of a line on either side then. They play Ravenwood next (who is probably the second best team in that Wilco region this year behind BHS) so very good chance they will lose again this week unless they somehow are galvanized by the coaching change and they figure something out. I wonder if Kerry Collins is the interim coach now?

6. CardinalVol

To elaborate on my post in the Carolina thread, my team won out league title Saturday. Went 8-0 and we outscored opponents 278-61. The only kid to get in the endzone against the starting defense is DeSean Bishop's little brother, who was a bona fide stud. Backbreaker play was right before the half when we'd ran a direct snap sweep for a lot of success and then threw a pass out of it to a kid who didn't have anyone within 15 yards of him when he caught the ball. Wife told me she could see the smirk on my face from three rows from the top of the stadium.

It is the best team I have had or probably will every have. Great kids, size, speed, and high football IQs across the board. Getting to play Madden in real life is quite fun as an OC.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That the one whose daughter wrecked Brian Maurer?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, she tattoo-less. I actually just hired that girl's brother

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Congrats to you and the kids. Now we know who to call on the next coaching search.

10. CardinalVol

Eh, when this is your O-line of 8 year olds, it helps to make you look like a genius -

upload_2023-10-4_8-19-22.png

Volgrad98 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Son has hit the weights heavy since May. Squat is up to 275 and bench 170. Just still can’t gain weight as he weighed in at 145 for fall ball.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

how tall is he? 145 might be fine.

I am not familiar with lacrosse, but I imagine the amount of running you have to do that a lot of weight is not that good of a thing?

13. Ssmiff

5’10. Issue is at his position, you run into 6’2 200 who also plays football so collisions and bodying to battle for the ball can suck.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ah. yeah, 5'10" is a little thin at 145. But if he is like I was, he can eat a Whopper and fries and lose 2 pounds from having to digest the thing.

15. Ssmiff

that’s the issue. He eats whatever. Metabolism is nuts and he’s kinda built different. I was stocky. He’s kinda built like a track sprinter. Wears size 26/32 pants. We are same height and I wear 34/30 lol

16. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Idk if you held him back or not, but I was similar weight/strength, and then freshman year of college all of a sudden I jumped to 165/170 and could rep bench 225/squat 285. It was pretty annoying after being 140 or so all high school while the kids next to me had started kindergarten a year later so they were older. I think I added an extra inch too.

17. Ssmiff

no we didn’t hold back. Which was noticeable in 9th grade when we’d play MBA or similar and see their freshmen pulling up in their cars to the game.

Volsdude likes this.
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The only way I was able to gain weight when training/practicing in HS was by drinking a gallon of milk a day. Football season I was 180, track season I was 160.

19. CardinalVol

VolDad and Ssmiff like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Well I have a pretty disappointed son. Makes 2 of us. Broke his fibula at practice tonight in the last 2 minutes. Tourney in NC next weekend, in VA in Nov are toast. Workout Friday at Wingate is toast.
    Now I have to put on the good face and no big deal everything happens for a reason and I really don’t feel like it. I know it could be worse and everything but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t really suck with how hard he’s been working.