Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I might have to start coaching soccer this year. I don't know [uck fay] all about soccer, but team needs a coach.

I'm about to Dooley this [itch bay].

2. fl0at_

Can't wait til the kid can skate. We're done with soccer, then.

justingroves likes this.
  3. fl0at_

My kid would be like "Kyle Schwarber and Christian Yelich play outfield, so we're good. Oh, you want me infield? Well, I guess I can be Kris Bryant today."

Little bastard is infuriating.

droski likes this.
  4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Kick the ball into the big net.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Put a lacrosse stick in his hand when he gets to be 5 and find a local developmental program. Hockey in winter and lacrosse in fall. He will be way ahead as far as playing thru contact before he finishes elementary school.

6. Ssmiff

My 12 year old timed at 6.1 in the 40 today at a facility and 1.99 in a separate 10 yard split. I'm hoping the 10 yard time comes in handy as he gets more experience with lacrosse. I think thats a pretty good time and hed never done it before.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Did you guys read the older questions below?

Dear Care and Feeding,

Please settle this battle between my 16-year-old and myself. She wants to put a lock on her bedroom door. (Her younger brother does, admittedly, bust in on her a lot.) I just don’t like the idea. I don’t like the idea of locks in my house, I don’t think she really knows what she’s asking for, and it’s causing a lot of fights.

—The House Is for Everyone

Dear THIfE,

Let her put a lock on the door. She’s 16. She’ll be an adult and out the door in two years. She deserves to be able to masturbate in peace. This is the easiest question I have ever gotten. Thank you.

—Nicole

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I have no frame of reference on this. What is a good time for that age?

9. Ssmiff

I think its probably an average 40 for his age running them. The 10 yard is a good number. Uni would know more.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Our coach for my kids soccer team had coached both his older kids and still sucked ass as a coach. Seems harder than other sports to me

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No. Ha ha

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The boy has finally figured out that knocking the hell out of people is fun and that you are probably gonna get some good chances at safety.

kmf600 and justingroves like this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just got a call from the player agent who is slotting coaches kids for fall ball and he asks me if this other kid is better than my nephew. Awkward. Truth is my nephew is far better, but I don’t want to screw my brother in laws draft. I just unenthusiastically said my nephew is better.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This world of Little League baseball is a curious place, and one that I’m happy to have avoided.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’m all in at this point. On the board, doing the game and practice schedule. My kids love it too. It’s also less competitive and more communal than the pony leagues around here.

16. Tenacious D

No idea what a pony league is.

Or doing the schedule.

droski likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sec compared to the pac 12

Making the game schedule

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Probably has me beat by 15 seconds

19. Tenacious D

Good. He said “good”.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Farragut was happy they beat us today.

We were up 8 0 and they had 20 yards of total offense when we let 7 year olds play second half, but they beat is 15 to 8 after we managed to hold the ball on their first team D the entire 3rd quarter.