Comey Testimony

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You still believe this? I remember you laying into me, telling me what a fool I was for saying this Russia thing wasn't going away, back in December or January. Well, it's June and we have a special prosecutor now. All this while the Republicans control Congress and the executive. Yeah, sure, it's going away. Keep believing.

BLM is still around, too.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't know that McCain is playing ball. He seems to take jabs at Trump every chance he gets.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He came across as prepared and sincere. I do hate strategic no comments though. I was wondering during as much of this as I could hear if any person in the Trump admin (including Trump himself) was having 2nd thoughts about firing him. There is a lot to dicker about, but he does not reek of incompetence and the timing was dumb.

4. TDVol1989

The logic that he would have to come back and say he was if it went there is pretty weak. It would be easy to say that at this team, there is no investigation nor any reason to start one. However, if the facts lead...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Also, have you been sitting here citing Comey's testimony as evidence for Trump's innocence and now trying to discredit him when his testimony turns unflattering to Trump? If you are going to do this, then why is any of Comey's testimony today valid and why would you think it would be a good advertisement for Trump?

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO he stumbled when answering, "if Clinton were elected would you be fired" question.

7. TDVol1989

I am not really going to debate the accuracy of Trump's statements. However, I do wonder sometimes how much of it is intentional and how much is just speaking in the moment. He is really careless with what he says and he will make general statements that are not 100% accurate, but have some element of truth.

8. TDVol1989

Comey said that Russian interference was ongoing but ramped up in 2016. I do not recall a question asking how long it has been going on. I also do not recall questions as to whether Obama met privately with him for comparative purposes. And, I do not recall any questions asking if Obama had asked him, himself or through the AG Office, to drop or start an investigation into anything. I think if we are calling this fair, and we should, we need to know how much of this is truly unique.

I did miss pieces of it and I am currently driving up the labor participation rate. But, both sides got something and it will only intensify the discussion. In my opinion, Trump did not obstruct and it was not close. But, he is sloppy and amateurish. The real losers here are people that want to get something done instead of watching 1 pundit after the other go off.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And Chris Matthews...

[video=youtube;ySxJiUp8qd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxJiUp8qd8[/video]

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's actually an interesting topic to break down. I do not believe he lies to cover up nefarious activity; I've seen no evidence of such. However he'll lie in a heartbeat over a truth he believes challenges his greatness. HRC received more popular votes? Cannot stand! Obama had a larger inauguration turnout? Oh, hell no! I even heard an anecdote from Andy Cohen last night about the Ms. Universe pageant. Andy expressed concerns over hosting in Russia just after the anti-LGBT legislation was passed and ultimately decided to back out of hosting again. Trump then called the NY Post and said he was never offered the gig. The man cannot stand any perceived blemish.

So he absolutely lies but they seem to be primarily egocentric in nature.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I missed this gem. I always welcome shares of the world's greatest/foxiest journalist.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like a dumb question.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To Recap. No Trump Russia Collusion. No Obstruction of Justice.

Good day for Trump.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He'd be dead!

(joke)

I disagree that there are bows tied on the issues as you seem to think from your last post. All the meaningful details are I'm private sessions.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dershowitz has said in 2 interviews No Obstruction. Chris Matthews says Collusion Theory has fallen apart. I have posted their reasoning.

What are you seeing that they missed?

Not to say Liberals will not try to politicise this until the 2018 elections. Some started writing impeachment papers yesterday.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He asked why Hillary wasn't under investigation for hacking and leaking her own emails. He's playing tether ball.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw a man say he was fired over the Russian investigation by his boss's own words. I heard a man say that at that time Trump wasn't under investigation, and then mention there is a special prosecutor now, that he wanted there to be one, and that he couldn't comment on Sessions' Russian ties in the open session. I saw several senators who showed no interest in actually investigating anything.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His entire line of questioning was a real head scratcher.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

... and non of that points towards obstruction of justice or collusion by Trump.

I saw man who Democrats were demanding resign only a few months ago saw he was fired. Something his boss had the Constitutional right to do.

I hope Liberals ride this pony to 2018 and 2020. I would then recommend any Republican run an ad like:

While Donald Trump proposed policies that affect you and your family; Jobs, Health Care, Infrastructure, Secure Borders, Safety from Terrorist, etc. , Democrats were chasing bogey men. The choice is simple this election. Send someone to Washington to work on policies that affect you and your family or send someone to help chase bogeymen.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, why was he fired again? What was the reason stated?

The democrats are a dumpster fire. Doesn't make Republicans right, moral, honest, or "good at governing."