Comey Testimony

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Twitter has found the person responsible for leaking on the Trump Admin:

[​IMG]

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The big takeaway, for me, was that Comey, flat out, stated that Trump fired him for the Russia investigation and the Republicans couldn't, or didn't, establish anything otherwise.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

True, and I tend to believe him. What's also true is we already know Trump to be extremely loose with the truth. In the grand scheme of things it's really nothing new. The folks who loved him before still love him and those who didn't still don't. I'm not sure it moves any needles.

4. Tenacious D

I think that you are exactly correct.

Slick Willie started to believe that he could smooth-talk anyone out of (or onto) anything...and that it was still 1995, and that there weren't cameras in everyone's pockets nowadays.

5. Unimane

It was incredibly arrogant and stupid.

6. Tenacious D

Ha! Then you're cherry-picking.

Do you mean the part about where Comey couldn't answer Rubio's question as to why publicly saying he wasn't under an investigation was the only thing that he wouldn't publicly speak about? Because then this is true.

Or, how about this (I've boldes the relevant portions of your post, to aid in contrasting your wishful fantasy with reality):
    [youtube]yJGtenwCoJI[/youtube]

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What are you referring to regarding Sessions?

8. Unimane

The part where he was surprised that Sessions didn't recuse himself and couldn't answer more on him, except in the classified meeting.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Was that truly a surprise?

2) They did establish that the people handling the investigation remain.

10. Tenacious D

See, Un? Common ground, man.

As a fan of the political theatre, I can't help but marvel at the magnificence of Bill Clinton as a once-in-lifetime political machine (I've been very clear about my admiration of him for that, and since the beginning of time)....and because of that, it pains me to agree with you in condemning him for this....but that's exactly what it was - stupidly arrogant.

And unnecessary. Did anyone honestly think that Lynch was going to indict Hillary? Come on, Bill.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And Ms. "call it a matter not an investigation" Lynch was happy to accept the meeting.

12. Tenacious D

Perhaps my favorite pic since Inauguration Day.

[​IMG]

13. Tenacious D

Who was the Senator who asked Comey about why he didn't want to be alone with Trump....but continued to take his calls, and asked what was the differnence between the two?

14. Unimane

Really? This one's too easy
    [video=youtube;fsnS4tjrShM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnS4tjrShM[/video]

Then, of course, there's your boy Trumpy saying that's exactly why he fired Comey in his Lester Holt interview.

15. Tenacious D

These gems:

Comey: It's not normal for the FBI Director to be alone with POTUS.

Also Comey, later: I met privately with Obama for over an hour.

16. Unimane

Yeah, he can't exactly not take calls from the president as FBI Director. I fail to see the problem in the statement.

17. Tenacious D

By "Russian investigation" - you mean that despite privately giving his unsolicited word to Trump on 3 separate occasions that he wasn't under investigation, but refusing to say so publicly and clearing him - even after he had spoken out about everything else.....then, yes, he fired him for the "Russian Investogation" (and incompetence, and not following / being beyond the legal chain of command, allowing the former AG to coerce him and failing to report it, etc. etc.)

18. Tenacious D

His question continued, asking why Comey didn't say it was inappropriate, or politely refer POTUS to the DOJ, instead.

That was his point, and mine. Who was the Senator?

19. Tenacious D

Comey: I took detailed notes of even casual conversations with Trump.

Comey (previously, under oath to Congress): I didn't take any notes on the FBI's 3-hour interrogation of Hillary.

20. Unimane

You mean that he wouldn't kill an investigation potentially damaging to the president on his say so? Because that's pretty clearly why he did it and not for any of the other reasons you conjured Trump surely didn't think about in his firing. There was one thing that Comey was unequivocal about (Besides Trump being a lying sack of shit) and that was the Russian meddling in the elections was massive and that Trump associates are not, necessarily in the clear. At this point, even to you, the motivation of Trump's actions are always, first and foremost, self serving. It's Trump First, always and forever.