Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Pablo Escobear, now that was funny.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Cocaine Bear movie has Knoxville connections. In 1985, dude found a dead body with cocaine in a backpack in his driveway one day in South Knoxville. The plane he jumped from then was the one which got the bear high.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Finally got around to The Batman. Liked it

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

5. JohnnyQuickkick

6. Unimane

The German film now on Netflix All Quiet on the Western Front, based on the book, has the most intense depiction of WWI I've seen. The middle 80% of the movie is amazing. The first part of the movie rushes through early parts of the book, but mainly stays faithful. The last 15 minutes are a disappointment, as the movie goes Hollywood revenge story instead of staying true to the book, which would've been far more dreary and poignant.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve seen that but haven’t pulled the trigger to start it. I’ve been so confused by Peripheral I can’t think straight.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You may have saved me a watch describing the ending. I mean the book is the ending, largely.

9. Unimane

The middle 80% is really worth the watch (the beginning isn't even that bad, either, just a little rushed) and the ending is tolerable as a movie experience. It just diverts from the book, so it was an annoyance, to me.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm sure I'll wind up watching it. I would have already except it's too long to fit in a time I had to sit and watch anything or at least anything that heavy in the moment. I am just going to not worry as much about seeing it. I liked the book well enough back in the day that, if I'm honest with myself, I'll wind up watching any movie based on it.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Started down a Marvel rabbit hold last night. I firmly believe we'll see RDJ again before the end of the multiverse saga. Just curious if it will from another universe or the old one via time travel.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Too much smoke for it to be otherwise, and the current crop of movies have been more hit or miss than the pre-Endgame bunch. I think there's enough interest on both sides to make it happen. The only question is how much.

13. CardinalVol

Probably the highest amount an actor/actress has ever been paid for a movie, by a lot.

I've enjoyed all of them, some more than others of course. I still can't figure out how they are going to tie Eternals into this though.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My Marvel movie consumption declined with COVID. I've still not seen all of them, but the reactions on social media have been wild. I plan to catch up soon. I think RDj liked playing the role, but yeah, he's going to make a lot on it.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I was in the theater pretty quickly to see every one from about Iron Man 3 until endgame. Since then Disney+ release has been fine. I’ve enjoyed them all well enough, I think it’s become another one of those Things To Hate on the Internet and Get Noticed

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Honestly y’all just need to put the cartoons away and grow tf up.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

For me Marvel has become too big. There's no way I have the capacity or frankly the desire to watch 800 TV shows and the movies to keep tracking the big picture. I enjoyed everything through EndGame, but haven't watched anything since, partly due to much of the original cast moving on and the rest through saturation and fatigue.

18. CardinalVol

Quantumania can best be described as Return of the Jedi meets Marvel.

It was ok. Ready to see where they take it. But hoo boy is this gonna get fun.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Mario is super enjoyable whether you have kids or no. Lots of easter eggs hidden in there as well.

CardinalVol likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

I loved it. Was exactly what it is supposed to be. I've told everyone that if you ever work up at 3am screaming in pain because your thumbs hurt so bad from playing it 12 hours the day before that you too will love it.

justingroves likes this.