COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I really can’t imagine being so stupid

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well...it IS Ohio.

CardinalVol likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not exactly, in the sense that she is not an MD but an OD. Osteopathy, not medicine. And that's a pseudoscience. This is a consequence of anti-science over 100 years in the making. Like a chiropractic, there is some overlap with scientifically rigorous medicine but it is not analogous in terms of the application of research methods and peer reviewed science.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ah. I didn't do any research into what type she was. I just saw it and scrolled on. Yeah, big difference.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not allopathic, but osteopathic.

It is medicine, and they can do allopathic residencies. As in, you might have one doing surgery on you, if you roll up to a hospital.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonderful.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Was IP wrong?

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

*North Alabama

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Regarding osteopathy, it is a pseudoscience. Look it up.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There are a lot of allopathic people that think osteopathic is not medicine.

But our government thinks they are.

So, yes, and also no. An MD can go pretty much anywhere in the world, and the degree is recognized. A DO is basically limited to the US, without a lot of hurdles. Some insurmountable in other countries.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's crazy to me how many people don't know that there is a difference between DO and MD. There are quite a few differences between my friends from college who went on to become DO's and those who went on to become MD's.

A lot of people seem to just think "A doctor is a doctor."

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Until I watched some of Dr Mike's youtube stuff, I had never even heard of a DO.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This pandemic has made this part abundantly clear.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My ex-wife is super deep into the anti-vax stuff now and inundates me with the propaganda shit regarding our 17 year old son. Tenpenny is a go to for her and she'll send me her videos, as if I'm going to watch an hour and a half YouTube video of this quack talking.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you have holdouts in your family, it may be worth pointing to Trump's remarks in North Carolina recently where he spoke positively about the vaccine and his part in their timely availability. This is not partisan. They are safe and they work. It isn't worth the risk of going without, even if the risk seems low.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/14/world/asia/china-wuhan-lab-leak.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

This virologist is confident there was not a lab leak source, but I heard Pompeo this weekend and he sounded very confident that there was, and said something like there was a 100 ft of evidence for it. I've yet to see anything but circumstantial evidence. We need transparency from China, and a dispassionate, open investigation. Leak or not, we can't have this secrecy/uncertainty. If there is already 100 ft of evidence, produce it. If there is nothing to hide at the lab, open it to objective investigators. This is a needless shit show and it is of China's making, even without a leak. The CCP's ways are just the antithesis of how science and public service operates in the West, and in this case it is causing strife where there need not be.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They suck so bad. Wtf is their problem?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

They’re hanging in there with the chopsticks