Da'Rick Rogers Possibly Gone Per VQ Twitter Detectives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Mar 29, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the tamest Clayton Bigsby quote I've ever read

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The sooner the dumbass portion of the fanbase realizes there are athletes that like to laugh at them, the quicker this will go away.

They will intentionally post things to get them riled up.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It begins.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's gone. Book it.

And I'm looking forward to him addressing the media. This could be HIGHLY entertaining.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

My avy frowns.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hubbs is calling it most likely a suspension and not a dismissal. It appears Rogers can do almost anything short of murdering someone, and Dooley will keep him. That sure has to garner the respect of the rest of the team.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick has Dooley by the balls.

Dooley has to win 8 or 9 to keep his job. Without Rogers, that's even harder to do.

Da'Rick is Dooley's marquee recruit as well. Kicking him off doesn't bode well for his talk of "character"

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Maybe he's in Atlanta early for the NC state game and will be playing DB instead of WR now... hahaha

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hubbs seems like a decent guy. That said, has he ever actually reported anything in his career? "Most likely a suspension?" That's hard hitting stuff. I'm stunned the NY Times or Yahoo! Sports haven't snapped a reporter that aggressive up by now.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Dooley is in a no-win situation here, for sure, but one of his own design.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He "reports" what the AD tells him to report

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Absolutely

14. Tenacious D

At least he didn't say that Darick is "day-to-day" or express the caveat of, "at this moment" to attempt to qualify his non-report.

And agree wholeheartedly as to his being a nice guy.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And if I had the gig he had going in Knoxville, I'd do exactly the same thing. I'd be shocked if another media person here came within 50 grand of what he makes

16. Tenacious D

Wait..that's not a reporter, by definition, right? That sounds like he's more of a "shill".

I'll say this - he's no Vandy Law grad.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've been on record saying the guy is overrated... he drops way too many balls and plays when he decides to. He apparently single-handedly destroyed a locker room and cost a long-time coach his job. What could the possible motivation be for letting him hang around?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not knocking him at all because I would be doing it to. He's not a reporter really, just an extended branch of the AD.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A job

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I heard he was pissed that coach wanted him to sign a piece of paper saying he wouldn't drink or do drugs. He waded the paper and tossed it in the grass, decided to go get Arrowsmith tickets.