Da'Rick Rogers Possibly Gone Per VQ Twitter Detectives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Mar 29, 2012.

1. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

It's almost impossible; the only thing that makes it doable is that it is basically a new staff. However, I have zero faith in Dooley even though he is relentlessly pursuing strategic development of the organizational structure on a day-to day basis.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I agree with that. Im not sure what DD did or didn't do to try and correct the problem without releasing him. It s obvious that if he did, DR didn't believe he would go through with it.

The last part nails it. It that regard its not much different than raisin kids. You can't wait til their 10 to correct em.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

In any position of authority, NEVER threaten to do something that you are either unwilling or unable to carry out. Instant destruction of respect/credibility.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There are wide receivers and then football players. It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd lose my team over a wide receiver.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think we should just "retire" his position coach again. That'll probably fix all of this.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know that he is really the authority on having a great attitude as a college player. I seem to recall him having his fair share of issues.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's what I thought

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe we could hire Terry Tate to be his position coach. I think his experience is mostly on the defensive side, but he might be able to get through to Rogers.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So he was back at practice and Dooley says all is well.

Odds that at some point the entire team has enough and walks off the practice field?

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm pretty sure he would get fired if that happened.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we just make Rogers a player-coach and can Dooley until we find his replacement?

13. VolFrmNashville

VolFrmNashville New Member

I'm more in favor of keeping both for just one more season. Da'rick goes to the NFL and UT can seek out and hire a more competent coach instead of a stabilizer during the annual coaching carousel. I don't know what Dooley has to do to keep his job, but beating UF, UGA, and USC would help a lot.

14. Da'Rick: "Just had a few things on my own, on my personal (situation). If I was a distraction, I really wasn’t trying to be a distraction."

“No transfer for me. No consideration."

"I need to do a little bit better job with my tweets — you know, letting everybody know what’s really actually going on."

Per Wes Rucker

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;LtUptbBSXn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUptbBSXn8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Thought Rogers did a hell of a good job answering questions today.