DeBord de Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Jan 3, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes please. That seals his doom and kicks dirt in the face of all Tennessee fans

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Basilio saying he won't go after Helfrich with Chip Kelly hanging out there.

TIFWIW

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah. Kelly will get a new gig next year Helfrich doesn't want to be to tied down and unavailable.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

With Helfrich on staff, it essentially paves the way for continuity in bringing in Kelly, in the event Butch is fired.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This offense is dumber than shit.

It relied on Worley being a running threat, but not Dobbs. It asked Dobbs to make touch, precise plays with his arm. It asked a 6'3" 240lb tailback to take his first step sideways on every running play and telegraphed the direction the play would go. It took 5*receiver after 5* receiver and intentionally minimized their skills.

Maybe that's what you mean by playcalling, but the whole damned thing needs to be blown up, IMHO.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Odd, why was Helfrich at the Vols practices the week before the bowl game? Are Jones and Helfrich friends?

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Someone with some semblance of a backbone and brain would do what it takes to bring in Kelly by the end of the week.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's exactly what I mean by playcalling. Butch's type system works better at other places. I prefer an old school Oakland Raiders/Dallas Cowboys style myself though.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

There are definitely things that can/should be tweaked. The running style simply doesn't compliment a downhill runner like Hurd. I hate that but we all know Jones is too stubborn to adjust. That being said, I don't think it's quite the dumpster fire everyone makes it out to be though. It just set a new school record for points scored and touchdowns.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think basilio's angle was more that an insecure guy like jones isn't gonna hire helfrich with his head coach out there available

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. Dump butch off at the Greyhound station and fly Kelly in on your private jet with a Jacuzzi full of cash.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The scheme of this offense is fine. fundamentals and plah calling is the issues

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And game awareness is also a big issue. Jones has the feel for a game like I have a feel for sex.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have seen nothing over the past 6-7 years that leads me to believe that the University of Tennessee will do anything but raise and extend Butch Jones for as long as Butch Jones wants to be here.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Put that thing in what feels right, it will take care of itself and let you know when it's over.

16. cotton

You can pick your stats. We finished 40th in total offense. 62nd in passing yards, 37th in rushing, 72nd total yards. 24th in scoring offense.

http://stats.ncaa.org/team/694.0/12424

Did we have 40th, or 72nd, or 24th talent on that side of the ball?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch can't help it that his stone wall defense set them up with short fields every possession and limited yards gained.

18. cotton

Yeah, defensive numbers are Dooleyfied.

The numbers I posted appear to be post-bowl, by the way. They are significantly worse for regular season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ttd/stats/

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm assuming defensive numbers are awful

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He didn't call them under kelly. He did do it when he became the head coach