POLITICS Democrats on Illegals / Children

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 20, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Even the thread title is gaslighting. People are upset about children being separated and held in kennels/cages? Well let's ignore the kids being treated badly and make it about the parents, democrats, and obama!

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’ve agreed to the need for discretion, just earlier in this very thread.

Disappointment staved!

3. Tenacious D

The thread title perfectly captures the OP, but couldn’t possibly have predicted the course of the thread since.

Sorry?

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You can spin this shit as much as you want, but the policy of separating the kids is not law, it's policy. There's no law requiring kids to be separated from their parents at the border. None. You, stupidly, as you stated, conflate the illegality of being undocumented with the new policy of separation. Like I said, die on that hill, with your fellow Trupsters, if you want, but it's not going well for you all, at this point.

Then, to compound the stupidity, you throw in some dumbassery about wanting open borders, which has never been a position, nor intimated as such, though, apparently, you believe there's no in between the current policy of separating children and throwing open the gates to the country. You've taken your cues, I suppose, from the foolishness of Dear Leader's Twitter messages which push all sorts of nonsensical lies. The idea that "vote buying libs" don't care to shred the Constitution and actually wish for it to keep open border is [dadgum] stupid, even for you, and, more importantly, completely made up to serve your argument.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The thread itself is the gaslighting

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't predict victory just yet. You can be 100% right and still lose.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

But I'm taking your last statement as your current thought. If you have two thoughts on the matter, you've not given this sufficient thought.

And your last statement was:

And those are not true statements.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Man this aged well. Wonder what Tom Cotton thinks?

Tell Trump what you told us, Tenny, since he's reportedly set to sign an executive order ending the practice.

Note that signing the order isn't necessary to achieve this but I'll take it however he wants to do it

IP likes this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The EO is actually going to allow the children to be detained for more than 20 days, which before was... yep, illegal.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

like this?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

So who is in the tents?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I just found an article, rather than just some tweets.

Leave it to Trump to go out there and make it worse

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

or this...

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm trying to figure out why we need to detain people for a misdemeanor for over 20 days.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't know, but whoever it is is owning the [uck fay] out of the libs

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

16-17 year old boys 20 teens per tent with 2 adults to supervise. There are showers, bathrooms, medical facilities, cafeteria, rec areas., etc.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  20. Tenacious D

I do.

And I believe that with enough critical thought, buffeted by discussion and consideration of different viewpoints, that you’ll not only ultimately reach the truth, but where the best and oftentimes only true solutions can be achieved.

I really believe that, even despite my own struggles to always heed it.

We waste an inordinate amount of time and energy in chasing down and forcibly unmasking the imposter whom we too often hide behind and inside of, all while simultaneously hoping that others both believe the lie of who we hope and purport ourselves to be, and seek acknowledgment of being both fully known and accepted for who we actually are.

I’m sure that I butchered that, but trust that you and so many others know what I really mean, and as I often require.