POLITICS Democrats on Illegals / Children

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This may be a noteworthy element of the issue involving separation of children at the border:

Attached Files:

TangoUniform likes this.
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sadly not surprising.

With that said, Congress doesn’t actually have to act here either. Trump can take care of it if he wants.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Stupid on both sides as they are using these families as pawns in politics.

But this would just be more legislation where none is needed if the President would just rescind the orders he gave to start doing this with zero tolerance. The Administration is claiming this is not their fault when it is 100% in their court.

TangoUniform likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Politicians that want Trump gone are in no rush to change the law because of the heat nationally this has put on the administration. They will ride the wave. Something needed to come after Stormy didnt pan out.

TangoUniform likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

There is no law to change.

6. Tenacious D

Heads up: If any of you are with your child and commit / are arrested for a crime...you will go to jail, and your child will either go to a relative or into State’s custody.

This exact scenario literally happens thousands of times per day, all across the country.

Your child will not go to jail with you, nor should they. Because they are an innocent child. That’s why.

But you will go to jail, because you’re an adult of legal age, and who is alleged to have committed a crime, and that’s what happens. That’s why.

But your commission of a crime shouldn’t be excused, and you simply be set free, because you had a child with you, and this will separate the two of you.

If you’re knowingly committing a crime with your kid in tow, perhaps it’s actually in the kid’s best interest to be separated from you, given your obviously terrible decision-making skills.

Illegal immigrants who have been separated from their kids as a result having them
    in tow as the try to illegally cross the border:

1. Have no one to blame, but themselves.

2. Could easily avoid this separation or any other penalties, by simply not attempting an illegal border crossing.

Immigrants who legally enter the US are not separated from those children who are also legally permitted to enter the US.

Compare and contrast.

The Legislative Branch makes laws.

The Judicial Branch evaluates & interprets those laws.

The Executive Branch enforces those laws.

If you don’t like a law, and it needs to be changed or removed - or if a new law is needed - guess which Branch needs to do that?

Hint: It begins with an “L”.

Which Branches are neither responsible for the enforcement of a bad law, nor the enaction of new and better laws?

Hint: They don’t begin with an “E” or a “J”.

This is how shit works.

Most people understand this.

TangoUniform likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

Wait, what?

How exactly can Trump “take care of it”, in your opinion?

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

By not using children as a bargaining chip

9. Tenacious D

What?

Who is doing this, and how?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is state custody a kennel in a tent?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Be careful, there are a lot of administration quotes out there.

12. NorrisAlan

If I am with my son and I am arrested, is it a law that I must be separated from my child or is it departmental policy? Serious question. I have a feeling it isn't an actual law but a procedure. And we know it is this way in this case as there is no law on the books as far as I know that illegals crossing the border are required to be separated from their children.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I'm not dealing with the Tenny playing dumb shit today. Back to the other conversation that is going just fine without him

Unimane and The Dooz like this.
  14. Tenacious D

It must be safe, first, even if not ideal.

That safety may be temporarily achieved by placing the child in the back of a squad car, sleeping on two chairs pulled together in the DCS office, or whatever else emergent circumstances require.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have them sleeping in kennels indefinitely, for weeks. This is disgusting and unnecessary. Most of these people reported to immigration officials, they weren't trying to run or hide.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For misdemeanors?

For extended periods?

17. Tenacious D

Well, I would hope that we wouldn’t need a law that says that an innocent child must accompany their parent to jail, as a result of the alleged criminal acts of said parent.

My understanding is that the child of a parent who is arrested and jailed for suspicion of a crime is incapable of caring for that child, and that to do nothing is to only further neglect and endanger that child.

So, any question of “Must the State do something in these cases?” seems easily settled that yes, they absolutely must.

Fine. Then what do they do? Here are the options available to the State, now compelled to act (feel free to add any I’ve overlooked):

1. Simply release the offending parent - the same who is alleged to have committed the same illegal act with a child under their care - so as to allow them to continue “caring” for their child, and in complete disregard of the rule of law.

2. Place a parent alleged to have committed a crime in a jail while awaiting the judicial process, but also jail their minor child with them. (Sidenote: If someone objects to the temporary use of chain linked fencing and tents, wait’ll you get a load of kids in the cell block, and out in the yard.)

3. Detain the parent for their alleged criminal act in a jail, and while awaiting the adjudication of their case. Place their children into State’s custody, and not in jail with their parent, where they can be cared for until:

a) They can be reunited with their biological parents upon the conclusion of their case, whenever that is, or

b) A relative or foster parent can be given temporary custody, so as to care for the child while awaiting the conclusion of the biological parent’s case.

While none of the three (3) options are ideal (the parent who willingly committed an illegal act and with their child in tow is singularly responsible for removing any hope of an “ideal” situation” from this conversation), which do you prefer and think best, particularly for the child?

Or, again, suggest any that I’ve missed, if you believe they exist.

18. Tenacious D

Any assertion that Trump could / should “fix” this not only requires a fundamental misunderstanding or complete ignorance as to how our system of government works, but really, lacks even common sense.

19. Tenacious D

Depends.

Does the parent’s detention prevent their ability to provide continuously adequate care and safekeeping of their child?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Lol