Dooley Already Lowering Expectations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, May 11, 2012.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Coach Dooley better get it done this year. And what I mean by that is that the team he an his staff put on the field better win some rivalry games as well as the ones we're "supposed" to win. I'll probably get hammered for this, but personally I like the guy. But just because I like you, that doesn't mean I would trust you to do anything important. Hell, there are some people I love to death but I wouldn't trust them to water my plants.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You absolutely will not get hammered for this post.

By the way, I am so tired of Dooley's shit. Shut up with this kind of talk, get the work done, and win games.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You should change your title to Poet Laureate of 8th Maxim.

4. JayVols

His rationalization of a shit product, bad-mouthing his players, and sowing the seeds of low expectations in an attempt to deflect blame and insulate himself from taking ownership of his efforts or lack thereof is nothing short of pathetic. His sense of entitlement is [uck fay]ing sickening. Shut the hell up, go to work, and quit [itch bay]ing about what you don't have. Last time I checked he was getting $2 million/year to do something in the way of improving the situation. It's year three. STFU about processes, watering bamboo, Nazis, and how you should or shouldn't be assessed. Do your [uck fay]ing job, asshole.

If he was winning, his smarmy, self-absorbed quips and attempts at humor could be considered swagger, confidence, chutzpa, spunk, or even appealing eccentricity. When you have a losing record and the most lopsided loss margins in school history while the HDIC of an all time top 10 DI-A football powerhouse, you just sound like a whiny, entitled, elitist [Penis] that wouldn't know accountability if it bit you in the ass.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  5. WM

WM Active Member

So who has tickets for the Process Bowl this upcoming season? I don't even know where it's played, but finding out such information is probally a process as well.

6. JayVols

The Doolyites are sucking each other's [Richards] right now claiming some sort of 'victory'. Of course Volly made a post insinuating something about it being posted on multiple sites. I took it to mean here. Could be wrong, but if not, how'd she know if she didn't check here? Pathetic. Come on over lurkers. We can continue the conversation here. [MENTION=269]golfballs03[/MENTION] was running his mouth about KB. He knows where he can find KB to get answers to his tough guy questions directed at KB. Don't think he shows up here.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. WM

WM Active Member

Shot fired by El Niño Jay, step into the ring golf.

8. JayVols

He was being a real ass. Uncalled for imo. That place is even worse than before if that's possible. I may have made my last post there, at least for a while.

The stalking of this site is humorous. If you want to know something, join in a discussion here. I've got nothing to hide, and I'm sure no one else does either. It's chickenshit. 40,000 member strong VN sneaking around our little site is paranoia at it's finest. Sack up and post (except for Volly of course- in her case, pom-pom pants up and post).

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I wish she would post over here. I'm tired of being the dumbest one here.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Dooley's recored would get him fired at most high schools that took football seriously.

My only issue with Dooley is that he thinks that Tennessee is lucky to have him, and the fans that believe that we're lucky to have him too.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That is partially true. The late Fulmer years have a tremendous amount to do with the sorry state of the UT football program when Kiffin, and later Dooley, arrived. Kiffin's one and done made the situation even worse. It left the program in a situation where it needed a rainmaker, a heavy hitter, to come in and coach and recruit and build back to a championship level. If nobody who fit that bill was available, it needed a guy who might be a future heavy hitter, a guy with the potential to be a rainmaker if only given the chance. That isn't who we hired.

We hired tradition, or culture, or genetics. We hired somebody with nice looks and a famous name that fits in with the callers on the radio and wears orange pants. We hired somebody that looks and sounds how the admin thought the fanbase believed a coach should look and sound regardless of actual accomplishment or qualification. We bought a horse that has never shown any ability to run based on looks and pedigree; it isn't any wonder that we aren't competitive in the derby.

He's a lightweight fighting above his class. At some point, you just send him back to his own division, back a better fighter, and stop blaming a tomato can for being a tomato can..

Anybody need any other metaphors from other sports? I'm sure I can come up with a few.

12. JayVols

You seem like a wise man, cotton.

Can you give me metaphors for arm wrestling, curling, lawnmower racing, and the Peter's Hollow Egg Fight?

13. cotton

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is the best post I have ever read. This is exactly what I think about it. We hired the anti-Kiffin because we were hurt about the situation that unfolded.

15. cotton

16. JayVols

Wisdom and technological literacy aren't directly proportional.

I don't show it often, but while I may not have wisdom, per se, I have experience.

Btw, just figured out the whole pic/gif/image thingy myself, so I fixed it for you.

17. JayVols

WTF happened there?

Was working....

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think chavisut was talking about the state of the program. I think he was trying to say that LWS thinks 8 wins should be the expectation because he loves Fulmer.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Well said. But I prefer sexual metaphors; can you come up with some of those?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Soooo did Dooley actually say all that?