Dooley Blaming the Fans (merged)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SaintBruce, Feb 2, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The NYY gay jokes are played out. Need fresh material.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I need some evolution jokes. You got any ideas?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just take a giant dump on my parade why don't you? Besides, NY having contact info about a guy named Hardwood is too much of a wide open door to not walk through.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the orang-utan was reading two books - the Bible and Darwin's The Origin of Species. In surprise he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books"? "Well," said the orang-utang, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Ha.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Smails would not get a clean slate from me.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's your prerogative.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So last week Tedford commented that they need to monitor more closely and find out who is behind "negative" posts in cyberspace. the next day i was permanently banned from bearinsider.com. cal's biggest messageboard. I guess i'm to blame for teh recruiting class falling apart. not the dumbshit coach who wouldn't pay the best recruiter on the west coast an extra $200k a year because it might piss off the other coaches who don't recruit worth shit.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Is Tedford remotely on the hotseat droski?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Depends who you talk to. I know a lot of rich alumns that want him gone. But I'm not sure the administration sees a problem and/or is willing to pay the buyout. My guess is he's in trouble if cal doesn't go at least 8-4 this year. THe new stadium is opening as well. Bad attendance could also easily cost him his job.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still interested in starting a Cal colony over here? They'd be welcome.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not sure i have the time right now to really get it going properly here.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Harvey Robinson wishes that he could have coached Tennessee before the "win-now" days.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He seems to have proven pretty clearly that he's never going to win big there. It would seem, from an outsider's perspective, that it's time for a change.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How do you like the renovations? I assume they added skyboxes, lights, bathrooms. I hope they pulled up the turf and planted grass.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the problem is that many Cal folks think they ARE "winning big."

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That is both sad and funny.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Best thing to do is disappear until the season starts. Nothing to be gained in a situation like this, right or wrong.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I couldn't agree more.

Turf is staying. They are upgrading the press box. putting in some skyboxes, and adding a club level with booze, big seats, etc. stupidly they aren't doing much to the student side. I guess they ran out of money.

Yes. Loser mentality at it's finest. There is a lot of "well what if we go back to 1-10?" style arguments. The tedford defenders are very similar to the dooley defenders. Of course we don't have the tradition like you do, but in reality with cal's recruiting base and degree there is no excuse to be .500 or below in the pac-12 every year. particurally not with his salary and the new facilities. There is just too much talent within 100 miles to ever be that crappy.