Dooley Blaming the Fans (merged)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SaintBruce, Feb 2, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Obviously some of the social media attempts to contact recruits via twitter, curse them when they commit to other schools, and other general stupidity that we know goes on should be lampooned.

Here is my problem with the comment -- it flies clearly in the face of the spirit of the university and academia more generally. If you think something is rotten in Denmark we are taught in college that it is our right, nay, our obligation, to call people on it.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No [uck fay] him. I was cheering for Tennessee when he was a UGA ball boy. I graduated from Tennessee while he was failing at his first head coaching job.

What he said is indefensible. Tennessee fans have every right to be negative.

NYY likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clearly not a true fan of Denmark.

Seriously you hit the nail on the head.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd like to say this is a shock, but it's really not

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Amen.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Amen.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It confirms that Dooley is also a [uck fay]ing moron.

8. WM

WM Active Member

Where was Dooley's public outcry during Sabgate?

9. hatvol96

I don't remember you being nearly this critical of similar comments when they were coming from Team Pearl and their media step 'n fetch Griffith.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

One thing is for certain, whether this comment was good or bad, Dooley certainly has a way with keeping parts of the fanbase pissed off at his ass.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Nothing wrong with that position. Just pointed out that he admitted the negativity was his own fault.

12. hatvol96

Since he's decided I'm not a true Tennessee fan, I now feel liberated to openly root for the sorry bastard to fall flat on his pompous face and go running back to his Paula Deen impersonating mommy.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the sad thing, it doesn't surprise me. It's just the next logical step in his attempt to deflect blame

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't question the veracity of the OP's claim - but I have to see this on video, or at the very least in mainstream print.

BUT IF TRUE.....well, [uck fay] him, VolQuest and anyone else who not only admonishes others to heed his words, but fails to shove these comments both down his throat and up his ass.

For the first time in my life, I am truly nonplussed. I don't even know where to begin on this one.

This ranks right up there with Jerry Green's KMart quote, but is somehow more desperate and damning.

Isn't he a [uck fay]ing lawyer for chrissakes?! Doesn't he know that the first burden is to determine if it's true? UVA Law School should pay him to stop telling people that he graduated from their institution. And speaking of UVA....I wonder what Jefferson would make of his comments?

Dooley is the kind of guy that lies to a girl about wearing a condom, and then blames her for getting pregnant.

He has crossed over from buffoon / under-qualified clown to something far more insidious, and reprehensible, IMO.

If he thinks that internet message boards are the biggest [uck fay]ing hurdle he's facing, he has escaped the bounds of both reason and reality.

I don't know if I am more disgusted by the fact that he (allegedly, for now) said this - or that you'll hear nothing from the media in condemning him for it over the next few weeks. In fact, they'll defend him, and seek to justify it.

If you are even a casual member of any group of people - be it a church league softball team, a message board, or just amongst people at work standing around the watercooler - who not only agrees with this nonsensical bullshit, but asks / requires you to go along with it - a couple of things:

1. You are a fool to remain a part of it. And by "fool", I mean "a [uck fay]ing mouth-breathing dullard fool".
    2. And more, you're a co-dependent lemming who is going to allow this [uck fay]er to somehow task you with the cleaning up of his own ineptitude.

That the local media is (and always has been) in collusion with one another, and all in the hip pocket of the UTAD is the worst kept secret in modern local history. And now, as if that wasn't brazen enough - that they now seek to similarly subdue the public at large is almost beyond both belief and description.

I feel an open letter coming on, and would welcome any input that any here may wish to provide....if you're brave enough, I guess? Seriously, it'll be a group project. Jump in.

Suddenly, those far-fetched rumors of his leaving after NSD don't seem so [uck fay]ing crazy to me now.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't even remember them. Work left me out of the loop from time to time last year and this could've been an out time, I have no idea. It would've been stupid if/when Griffith said them, too, if he thought the message boards were hurting Pearl or the program. Of course, I've always thought Griffith was a major tool, so it's not like I've really paid attention to what he's said anyway.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And one last thing - if you're a member of any site that posts a rule REQUIRING you to essentially refrain from speaking negatively about a coach or face banishment.

If you're not soon banned by challenging that rule, then you are not only part of the problem, but are helping to support it.

Take it as you will. It shouldnt be too difficult to figure out who this is aimed at, and in fact, they should likely Expect that some won't forget this.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Lol at bold. Even if Dools didnt blame her, Mama Dools would. There would be know way precious Derek could get a girl pregnant in her eyes.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think the video is on gvx if I'm not mistaken.

19. hatvol96

Forbes said message board criticism of the UT staff was killing recruiting. Griffith simply carried the message to the masses. Several people over at VN claimed it was directed at one person in particular.

20. hatvol96

His law degree is from UGA.